By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Electronic Arts. Could it be the fear talking.

I haven't made any such rants, so maybe my opinion is a little less significant, but I do have a problem with a big show claiming a strong partnership with unprecedented support and then nothing but excuses to follow. I don't like companies that treat me like an idiot, or someone who writes a check that their ass CAN cash, but just won't. On a more personal note, it annoys me that precursor games is using CryEngine 3, which I wanna say is owned by EA, to run shadow of the eternals and they have nothing announced (to my knowledge) for wii-u.

Around the Network
CarcharodonKraz said:
I haven't made any such rants, so maybe my opinion is a little less significant, but I do have a problem with a big show claiming a strong partnership with unprecedented support and then nothing but excuses to follow. I don't like companies that treat me like an idiot, or someone who writes a check that their ass CAN cash, but just won't. On a more personal note, it annoys me that precursor games is using CryEngine 3, which I wanna say is owned by EA, to run shadow of the eternals and they have nothing announced (to my knowledge) for wii-u.

To my knowledge, CryEngine is actually owned by CryTek, much like how Epic owns Unreal, while both companies usually get bigger companies to publish actual games that they put out.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Or maybe people just hate EA.

ahh, I was thinking ea bought crytek. my mistake

Otakumegane said:
Wait, if that's the case then why don't Sony fans hate Capcom?

why is this the case cause capcom is support the PS3 and will support the PS4

Around the Network

I sincerely hope you aren't referring to my article, and the thread containing it when you came up with this thread.

I haven't been remotely interested in an EA game, regardless of platform since Mass Effect 3. I even bought that a bit begrudgingly. I own all 3 consoles and plan on getting a PS4, we'll see about the next Xbox, but I haven't enjoyed an EA game in a long time so not having those games on any platform wouldn't bother me. It's the lack of professionalism all around that gets to me.

As has been mentioned already, the situations aren't all that similar. Sega killed off two consoles before the Dreamcast and had their own sports franchises that some would argue were better than EA's. Sure the lack of EA support didn't help, but it wasn't an overall deciding factor. Sega's mismanagement was.

EA's hand might even be forced when it comes to Star Wars and some of the sports titles on Wii U, depending on the contracts regarding exclusivity. I really don't like sports games and don't really see the point to them honestly. If I'm going to play a sport.....I'll do it for real, they just aren't my thing. I've bought around 2 NCAA titles, played through a season....and never touched them again. It's not even like I am actively boycotting EA or anything either. The games genuinely don't interest me.

Even if the console fails, Nintendo will still be around. It's not like if they pulled the plug on the Wii U tomorrow, Nintendo goes under. They managed to profit on the Gamecube for crying out loud, they'll ride out the storm. While I'd like for there to be a Just Cause or for Evil Within to come to the Wii U (if they did, that would be the console I buy them on even) but since it seems unlikely, it's no skin off my back. I'll just get those on the PS4 if that's the only place they are available.

Maris said:

No I think many who disagree with this statement are doing so because the situations are not that similar. Sega had historically been a closer partner to EA than Nintendo ever was. If you look at the amount of support EA had given the Mega Drive compared to the SNES, EA had published over twice the amount of titles for the Mega Drive. Even the Saturn, with less than 1/3 of the total units out there than the N64, had around the same amount of EA titles published. Sega's first party content was also lacking compared to Nintendo, which made Sega more reliant on 3rd party pulishers such as EA. This made losing EA as a partner far more devastating to Sega than it will be to Nintendo.

EA gave token support to the GameCube and the Wii at best, so why should people be upset about losing support that was never there? In addition, the Dreamcast failed partly because Sega didn't have the funds to continue supporting it. They lost a lot of consumer and publisher confidence after the outright failure of the Saturn. Nintendo is not in trouble financially, and will be able to support the Wii U through its entire life cycle whether its a failure or not.

It seems people are looking for there to be a reason to disregard the Wii U before it even has a chance to prove itself. The Wii (and the N64 & GameCube mostly) managed to prove itself on Nintendo's own output of games. Do people really believe they won't be able to continue this throughout the Wii U's life?

That's a great answer.  

animegaming said:
Otakumegane said:

I was under the notion that Capcom killed Vita in Japan without Monster Hunter and all that biz.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:
animegaming said:
Otakumegane said:

I was under the notion that Capcom killed Vita in Japan without Monster Hunter and all that biz.

seriously if they seriously have that mindset then those the sony is fanbase is probably the dumbest fanbase ever cause Wii U has monster hunter and the console is struggling in sells 

I'm of the mind that madden 2000 was a system seller. Madden 2013 is not. Back then there was a novelty to having a shiny helmet. I don't like ea for many reasons. The biggest of which is all of there games except amalur have been a disappointment. I really don't like their games (99.9%). I think they are as shady as they come to. They held sega hostage in 2000 and I'm willing to bet they did the same with Nintendo. When they see a company in the herd with a wounded knee they will rape kill and eat it for the fun. They are the equivalent of date rape in the industry.