By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Missing Out on 15 Frostbite 3 Games

Earlier, we reported the the Frostbite 3 engine isn’t going to be ported to the Wii U. Johan Andersson had tweeted that they ran some tests with Frostbite 2 and had several problems, which in turn pushed them to decide on not supporting the Wii U for the next version of their engine. Thanks to a Frostbite 3 presentation, we now know the Wii U will be missing out on at least 15 games that are being developed running on the Frostbite 3 engine.

So far, here are the known games currently being developed:

1. Battlefield 4
  2. Dragon Age 3
  3. Mass Effect 4
  4. Need For Speed 2013
  5. Visceral’s New IP
  6. Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel
  7. Plants Vs. Zombies TF2
  8. Command & Conquer
  9. BioWare’s New IP (possible)

Around the Network

I would have bought most of those games too :/ I'm honestly quite bummed. I hope EA gets its head out of its ass and actually makes an effort to port the engine to the WiiU since it most definitely can run it.

Well, good thing I have a PC then. Too bad I won't be able to play the multiplayer games though...

That's a fair amount of "high-profile" franchises/installements that Wii U won't be getting...EA Sports is also getting a new engine that will debut at E3, wonder if that's going to affect EA Sports coming to Wii U in the future.

I wouldn't buy any EA anyway - so doesn't affect me

Games can and should tell stories and share ideas through their mechanics. This is the intrinsic element of the medium and this is how experiences should be crafted in video games. No company does this as well as Nintendo and their echoes from the past.
  Aurum Ring  Delano7  Ocarinahero032

Around the Network

Mass Effect 4? Is that even confirmed?

Nintendo and PC gamer

>Giving EA money

I think WiiU owners are lucky.

Sounds like EA's loss to me (once the WiiU sales pick up).

Nintendo Network ID: DaRevren

I love My Wii U, and the potential it brings to gaming.

Mass Effect =

Click HERE and be happy 

Its still news that EA games are not coming to Nintendo platforms? btw, its not just Wii U.