By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony asked Bungie’s feedback on DualShock 4

Sony is trying so hard to win this gen

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

Good job Sony indeed. Flex your trigger fingers and thumbs as more pew pew pew is incoming.

Now we need Microsoft to learn something from Sony controller. Battery that in built and not an accessory. Also thumb sticks that don't become loose so fast but i've heard criticism of this on both controllers depending who you ask.

Good job asking advice from the creators of one of the best games ever!
The Dualshock 3 controller wasn't that good and too small, at least for me.
The Dualshock 4 looks similar to the 360 controller (which is great IMO) and looks like its easier to hold.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I was born with symmetrical hands, and this controller retains the symmetrical design. With that everything else is really a non issue. My heart goes out to those with disfigured left hands.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
I was born with symmetrical hands, and this controller retains the symmetrical design. With that everything else is really a non issue. My heart goes out to those with disfigured left hands.

Weird post. The analog at the top is much more confortable than at the bottom like the DS, and with the d-pad less in use, it just makes sense to put it in the priority position.

Around the Network
KBG29 said:

I take it you're referring to the staggered analog set up on the Xbox controller.  I like it better personally, and I think some of it has to do with what you use the analog sticks for in FPS.  Left to move forward and back and strafe, so thumb in the upward position seems more natural.  This way, you simply sway your thumb left of right to strafe, and flex you thumb "knuckle" back to go backwards and thrust foward to move forward.  When aiming, you need the sweet spot for an entire, equal range of motion, hence why the right thumb is around the 10 oclock position (the best comprimise, and the same on either pad).

Now in a game like God of War, where the left stick moves you "forward" in any direction, you would almost prefer the symmetric design.

One thing I will say though, the CONCAVE stick tops ont he Xbox are superior hands down.  It's a good thing that sony copied that at the very least.  Your fingers have an edge to grip onto.

That all being said above, I can and do play with either controller.

happydolphin said:
KBG29 said:

Weird post. The analog at the top is much more confortable than at the bottom like the DS, and with the d-pad less in use, it just makes sense to put it in the priority position.

Not for everyone. I can't use the Xbox controller because of the messed up analog sticks. It just feels so wrong.

riderz13371 said:
happydolphin said:
KBG29 said:

Not for everyone. I can't use the Xbox controller because of the messed up analog sticks. It just feels so wrong.

In general, the position of the thumb is most relaxed where the xbox's left analog stick is. You probably think it feels wrong because you grew accustomed to an unusual position.

I didn't realize ds4 had concave sticks. Gross.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype