By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony asked Bungie’s feedback on DualShock 4

happydolphin said:
riderz13371 said:

No, you can't understand other peoples preferences. 

No. You are not addressing my argument.

Tell me, why did they not put the d-pad where the analog stick is now when they made the very first controller?

Because they had no other choice. Analog Sticks weren't a thing back then. If they put the D-Pad where the analog sticks are not, THAT would be a controller for deformed hands.

Analog Sticks may or may not be the main form of control now. It really depends on the genre. Besides, It really doesn't matter where the stick and D-pad are. Whichever position they're in, they are usable. I myself prefer a symmetric layout. There's nothing wrong with the DS3 layout and it doesn't need changing. Changing the dualshock layout to the 360 layout would piss off more people than it would make happy.

Around the Network
Lyrikalstylez said:
VGKing said:
Lyrikalstylez said:
VGKing said:
walsufnir said:
Which "DualShock 3 criticisms" actually?

Too Small, Analog Sticks too close together, Triggers..etc..etc.
DS4 is a completely different controller from the DS3. It's the first major revision to Dualshock. since the addiction of analog sticks.

Dont forget that the buttons tend to stick down on occasions

Not at all. That's more of an issue with dirty gamers than bad controller designs.

Nope, I keep my controllers clean and that shit still sticks down sometimes, it especially gets annoying during gameplay,especially with button sequence games

I have 2 Sixaxis controllers and 2 DS3. None of them have sticky buttons. You must have a faulty controller.

VGKing said:
happydolphin said:
riderz13371 said:

No, you can't understand other peoples preferences. 

No. You are not addressing my argument.

Tell me, why did they not put the d-pad where the analog stick is now when they made the very first controller?

Because they had no other choice. Analog Sticks weren't a thing back then. If they put the D-Pad where the analog sticks are not, THAT would be a controller for deformed hands.

Analog Sticks may or may not be the main form of control now. It really depends on the genre. Besides, It really doesn't matter where the stick and D-pad are. Whichever position they're in, they are usable. I myself prefer a symmetric layout. There's nothing wrong with the DS3 layout and it doesn't need changing. Changing the dualshock layout to the 360 layout would piss off more people than it would make happy.

No, the answer is simple the d-pad is where it was because that's the thumb's natural position.

@Happy If the thumbs natural position are on the face buttons and D-pad, then why is the right stick of the 360 not where the face buttons are? I.e the right anologue and face buttons should be switched?

Reduced lag?

WTF

Around the Network

If you read the Game Informer article you would know that the analog sticks were kept in place because moving them would interfere with use of the TouchPad.

Hopefully this silly argument ends here.

Somini said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

360 controller >>> ps3 controller

lets see how the dualshock 4 feels and if Ms prefects the 360 controller even more!

Only the avid FPS fans would prefer the 360 controller over the PS3 one. The 360 controller is so bulky and disorganized, and i don't even have small hands!

I'd consider myself an avid FPS fan, and I hate the 360 controller, both my thumbs and on the sticks at all times. Plus, it's more than just stick placement. The sticks on the PS3 controller are just better, How they feel, how they work and how that translates to the TV screen. These things can’t be argued because spec wise DS3>>>> 360 controller. And firing with R1 is much better and faster than Firing with the triggers on the 360 controller, which feel cheap and slow.

feedback about what? if it is the same controller as always, nothing has been change in order to ask if the change feels good or not.

TheFallen said:
@Happy If the thumbs natural position are on the face buttons and D-pad, then why is the right stick of the 360 not where the face buttons are? I.e the right anologue and face buttons should be switched?

Hey bud, fair question. The right stick of the 360 was placed in 2nd priority over the face buttons, because the face buttons are more important than the right an alog stick, at least that's how it was considered when it was designed.