By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - gameinformer cover - infamous second son !!!

This is looking really quite exciting. I really enjoyed InFamous despite buying it mostly for the Uncharted 2 beta, then enjoyed InFamous 2 even more

I can't really comment on how good the game will actually be without seeing gameplay, but the plot seems interesting so far and the graphics look great

Around the Network
nnodley said:
platformmaster918 said:
KylieDog said:
Don't like the look of this new guy, bring back Cole!

Don't have to bring back Cole (I commend them for not being bogged down by a particular character's story and not having to make it a trilogy like everything else just because) just make him less "punk"y and I'll be happy.  I don't know I just don't like the cocky punk kind of protagonist but like I said gameplay is king and Infamous 1 and 2 nailed the open world (awesome side missions and fun ways to navigate with plenty to do and upgrade) so I'm still excited to see gameplay and will get it if it's a launch game.

Idk, I don't think he looks all that punkish to me.  He has more of a rocker look than anything and I think there is a difference.  Punk to me is all black with spiked hair and eyeliner and fingernail polish, which could also be called emo by some. 

Yeah I guess you're right.  Just seems like the kinda guy I remember from high school who always was about "fighting the man"

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Infamous is one of my most favored video game series. I love comic book superheroes so it is right up my ally.

Most who did not like the series was because you aren't a GOD from the ouset of the first game. You are pretty human, with a zappy gun finger at the beginning. Cole's GOD like status doesn't come into fruition until close to the end of inFamous 1. Infamous 2 let you keep all your abilities from the first, just added even more to make you a BEAST! If you didn't like the first for the reasons stated, play the second(free with Plus).

And how the hell is I2's story bad? Its a direct continuation from the first game. Given, Alden/Sasha/Kessler were far better villains, ill give you that. Yet the lofty goal of stopping what your future self couldn't gave the game a strong motive. Especially after getting your ass handed to you, even with your godly powers in the very begining, really makes this notion set in. Plus....the ending of the 2nd kind of blows all other game's in the genre out the water. One of the most epic final moments in a game I have every experienced.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

forevercloud3000 said:
Infamous is one of my most favored video game series. I love comic book superheroes so it is right up my ally.

Most who did not like the series was because you aren't a GOD from the ouset of the first game. You are pretty human, with a zappy gun finger at the beginning. Cole's GOD like status doesn't come into fruition until close to the end of inFamous 1. Infamous 2 let you keep all your abilities from the first, just added even more to make you a BEAST! If you didn't like the first for the reasons stated, play the second(free with Plus).

And how the hell is I2's story bad? Its a direct continuation from the first game. Given, Alden/Sasha/Kessler were far better villains, ill give you that. Yet the lofty goal of stopping what your future self couldn't gave the game a strong motive. Especially after getting your ass handed to you, even with your godly powers in the very begining, really makes this notion set in. Plus....the ending of the 2nd kind of blows all other game's in the genre out the water. One of the most epic final moments in a game I have every experienced.

Escalation is one of my favorite parts of Infamous.  Like you said it doesn't give you everything you kinda feel powerless at the start.  I love the upward swing your power takes all the way to the end of 2 instead of resetting everything for the start of that game.  In the beginning you're trying to clumsily run or climb to your goals and by the end you're zipping on electric lines before launching off and flying through the air with the static thrusters.  Then in 2 you practically start to fly (upgraded thrusters) and those ionic powers feel even more destructive than the thunderstorm in the first game.  It really gives you that sense of progression and I love how the city adapts to your choices and advances and the people show the condition of it.

SP really nails the open world genre and taking down the government bases sounds like a blast especially if there's stealth and improved melee (a non existent and weak point of previous games respectively).

It's one of the few series I can't answer which is my favorite because while 2 is definitely more refined I love the origin story of 1 and the villain more.  Also it had some major surprises (the ending blew my mind and I can normally predict movies/TV/games endings coming from a mile away) while 2 had such incredible powers and gameplay variety (love the fire and ice mechanics).  They're really awesome in different ways but top notch all around (minus some nit picking like melee combat).  Hopefully Second Son can take the top spot now.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/05/08/a-new-beginning-designing-infamous-second-son.aspx

So I would like to point out that this video reveals that Delsin's ability is not really smoke but something else. He has the power to absorb other's abilities. The first conduit he comes into contact with tho uses smoke so thats what he got. I like this a lot better now. I like how different smoke is from the avg super power but I fear how much it can really expand over a heroes journey. I like the idea of moving away from elemental powers (fire,ice,lightning) which are A-typical.

Delsin seems pretty cool, love his design. I wish every young character that looks like city kids do today would stop being automatically proclaimed as douches. Its personality that makes you a douche, not clothes. Dante acts just like original dante....to a T actually. If hes a douche, so is the original. I2's original design of Cole was great and fit the new voice actor as a merger with the character he would be portraying. Many say they hated his clothers.....but the only real difference was he wasn't wearing the jacket anymore and they revealed Cole had a tatoo. He also let his hair grow instead of shaving himself bald, which would have also made sense as someone who was on the run, trying to make a new identity for himself. So mad the whining from "fans" undid all that.

I just think certain age groups within gaming don't vibe with how young people look today. I dress like characters such as Delsin,New Cole,etc and I find it borderline offensive that my look is being pre judged.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)