By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Final SSBB Roster, what character's are you lookng forward to playing?

This is the final confirmed SSBB roster, and I figure now that we actually know what's available, we can make a topic to discuss who we can't wait to play.

On Clones:

Wolf and Falco are clones of Fox with slight changes, Ganondorf is a clone of Captain Falcon with slight changes, and Toon Link is a clone of Link with slight changes. Clearly that old quote that was floating around on the internet of Sakurai saying no clones was false. Some consider this a bad thing, a few a good thing, but you should be informed about it either way.

There are three partial clones in the game. Lucas is a partial clone of Ness. He has different A moves, but the same B moves. Luigi is, as always, a partial clone of Mario with similar B moves.

The one that may surprise you is that Lucario is a partial clone of Mewtwo from Melee. Aura Sphere works exactly like Shadow Ball, and a couple of his Smash moves are similar to Mewtwo. He is not a full clone though, he moves differently and his A moves are different.

Anyway, with that out of the way, the top 5 characters I can't wait to play as are:

Pokemon Trainer
Lucario
Olimar & Pikmin
Sonic
Snake

So who do you guys really want to play as?

Around the Network

Of the new characters I'm most excited about:

Metaknight
King Dedede
Sonic
Pokemon Trainer
R.O.B.

Edit: Diddy Kong!! I forgot him.  Been waiting for him since before Melee.

Sonic
Snake
Zero Suit Samus ( ;D )
Dede
Metaknight
Pokemon Trainer

Your picture isn't loading for me, but I'm pretty certain it's just my computer being slow...

Anyways I'm really looking forward to playing as Lucario, Toon Link, Link, Samus, Sonic, and Ike. I know it's a long list...but to be honest I would have listed almost every character if I could have, because I want to try them all!

I'm really interested in seeing how the "clones" play this time, and how different they are from their counterparts.

your pic is down b/c of bandwidth use

Around the Network

Sonic and Meta Knight.

I really wish this game had cooler characters.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Pit
Sonic
Wolf (I love Fox!)
Diddy Kong!!!!!!!
R O B

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

My first time playing will be with Link. He's been my main for the past 2 Smashes, so he's gonna pop my brawl cherry.

After that, I'm seriously looking forward to DeDeDe, he seems like a heavyweight that might not get completely owned all the time(sorry, DK and bowser sucked in melee, hopefully they've gotten a little better for brawl, bowsers up+b seems to have longer distance in the air now at least), Sonic and Pit are both characters I'm very interested it, and also Wario just because he's cool and Olimar for obvious reasons...damn, there's alot. This game is going to be a complete overload for my gaming sensors.

As sad as I am that the roster is no longer a mystery, I'm very happy with the end result (only a couple small disapointments but maybe in 2014 when the next Smash comes out, those will be resolved). This game is going to rock out so hard, I will cry.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

I am what Crazzyman would call a "Mariofanboy" ... so I will play with Mario.
My five-year old son will play with Kirby (because small children like the pink puffer ball).
And we'll just go from there.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Im best with Pikachu and Kirby
But i'll try pokemon trainer and meta-knight