By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are you smarter than an American?

Tagged games:

osed125 said:

What the hell is fracking?

That's the only one I got wrong. I blame English!

It's a method of extracting natural gas from the ground. You drill a hole and send highly pressured water into the hole, which forces the gas to the surface. It has been known to contaminate water and cause small earthquakes

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Barozi said:

What's supposed to be good about that ?

When not properly regulated or carried out safely, it can contaminate groundwater.

It ALWAYS contaminates groundwater. That is the way fracking works. Just ask the people in Pennsylvania (where fracking was started a few years ago).
It is just about the worst environmental hazard you can invent. It is no wonder that it is great in the States, because big business who does the fracking just leaves the site after they're done - makes the whole thing extremely cheap - for those who don't live there.And we all know just jow much America cares for the environment as lang as the $ rolls in..

crissindahouse said:

haha spurge how could you answer the laser question wrong? you play video games god damn

http://arstechnica.com/science/2013/04/sonic-screw-driver-i-have-a-sonic-laser/

Sound based laser's exist so he isn't wrong.

kumagawa said:
crissindahouse said:

haha spurge how could you answer the laser question wrong? you play video games god damn

http://arstechnica.com/science/2013/04/sonic-screw-driver-i-have-a-sonic-laser/

Sound based laser's exist so he isn't wrong.

but the l in laser stands for light.

Knew everything but fracking. Sounded like something coal miners would do.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Around the Network
pezus said:
Lol @spurge and lasers.

I got 13/13: "You scored better than 93% of the public and the same as 7%."

Aren't you too old to pass as a highschool student?

Only 31% of College Grad+ knew the answer was Nitrogen? What the hell is wrong with this country.

most people got the fracking and Nitrogen question wrong and it's understandable because if you never heard of fracking on the news you probably will never heard about it elsewhere unless you are in civil engineering and people seem to forget there is one form of life that surpass other species in number and that's the plants and nitrogen is essential in their growth

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

chapset said:
most people got the fracking and Nitrogen question wrong and it's understandable because if you never heard of fracking on the news you probably will never heard about it elsewhere unless you are in civil engineering and people seem to forget there is one form of life that surpass other species in number and that's the plants and nitrogen is essential in their growth

Bio-chem & Molecular Biology major. I've heard all about it

13/13

Though I am a Scientist, so if I scored lower Id probably jump in front of traffic.

Ssenkahdavic said:
13/13

Though I am a Scientist, so if I scored lower Id probably jump in front of traffic.

Same here. Except I'm studying to be a scientist