By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unpopular opinions you hold about games

Chris Hu said:

Too many for me to list all, but pretty much every game that put Sega on the map during the Genesis/Mega Drive era, and also a good chunck of there Saturn library and some of their Dreamcast titles.

So... no exclusives then?

Brendude said he missed out on the games SEGA put on the original Xbox.  They were all original games apart from Shenmue.  I presume as a SEGA fan he'd have played all these XBL games on Genesis; Mega Drive & Dreamcast.

So I think his point still stands.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:

Chris Hu said:

Too many for me to list all, but pretty much every game that put Sega on the map during the Genesis/Mega Drive era, and also a good chunck of there Saturn library and some of their Dreamcast titles.

So... no exclusives then?

Brendude said he missed out on the games SEGA put on the original Xbox.  They were all original games apart from Shenmue.  I presume as a SEGA fan he'd have played all these XBL games on Genesis; Mega Drive & Dreamcast.

So I think his point still stands.

They weren't all original Crazy Taxi 3, Jet Set Radio Future, Sega GT 2000, and Panzer Dragon Orta where all sequel to previous games.  Also my point is still very valid you can't have a great lineup of games with zero JRPG's and I liked the original X-Box but it is nowhere near as good as the 360.

Troll_Whisperer said:

What are some opinions you hold where you know you are in a small minority when it comes to gaming?

E.g. you love QTEs, you're a Nintendo gamer who likes EA, you think the Wii had great 3rd party support, you loved the level design in FF13...

Please respect people's opinions.

hahaha good one.

I really dislike the new super mario and Zelda franchise. It used to be fantastic, but the only thing I have left for these games are nostalgic feelings stupidly everytime there's a new version I play them but they are so dissapointing. I really never get it why these games get high scores by everyone and they praise the developers!

Chris Hu said:

They weren't all original Crazy Taxi 3, Jet Set Radio Future, Sega GT 2000, and Panzer Dragon Orta where all sequel to previous games.  Also my point is still very valid you can't have a great lineup of games with zero JRPG's and I liked the original X-Box but it is nowhere near as good as the 360.

I think you're misunderstanding "original".  I didn't mean new IP's, but new, original games which were only on Xbox.  Like Panzer Dragoon Orta; or Jet Grind Radio like you say.

I wasn't arguing the point about JRPG's, by the way.  I agree with that.  But still, it's subjective to the person.

Here's one that's sure to make me popular around here......

Super Mario Sunshine is a much better game than Super Mario Galaxy

Around the Network

Onimusha was a terrible series, except for Dawn of Dreams.

Shenmue was overrated. Yakuza is a much better series.

Master Chief is a lame character. Especially, after he cried over an A.I. program.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

adriane23 said:

Master Chief is a lame character. Especially, after he cried over an A.I. program.

I guess you didn't have fun giving mushrooms to your teammates in Onimusha 2. 

Chris Hu said:
adriane23 said:

No sir. I did not. And I'm still mad that I bought every game in the series, hoping that the next one would be better. Yes, I even bought Blade Warriors. Dawn of Dreams was the saving grace of the series in my opinion, but it was too little too late, I guess.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

adriane23 said:
Chris Hu said:
adriane23 said:

No sir. I did not. And I'm still mad that I bought every game in the series, hoping that the next one would be better. Yes, I even bought Blade Warriors. Dawn of Dreams was the saving grace of the series in my opinion, but it was too little too late, I guess.

As much as I like Onimusha I never would buy Blade Warriors but I do own the first game on both the PS2 and Original X-Box.  I do agree with you that Dawn of Dreams is the best game in the franchise.

I've been gaming since the NES era, and I think that the so called "16-bit gaming golden age" is a myth created by nostalgia. Despite all its flaws, this is the best era gaming has ever seen.

I don't understand the reason the Mario Galaxy games are regarded as the holy grail of innovation, they feel like Mario 64 but with worse controls.

Resident Evil 5 and 6 have been the most fun local multiplayer experiences I've had since the first Mario Kart on SNES.

GTA games (and Rockstar games in general) suck.