By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unpopular opinions you hold about games

The blue shell in Mario Kart is a great addition that makes multiplayer a lot more enjoyable.

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:

I could say this would be unpopular, but I am a strong critic of the attempt of the videogames industry to try to copy Hollywood and do "movie-like experiences" and people defending them doing this, despite the fact it is bleeding the industry dry.  I could also say, for the most part, the attempts at doing storytelling through games has been pretty poor.  Some exceptions work gloriously well.  But then, when there is a slip up anywhere (looking at Mass Effect 3) the end result is piling on with criticisms beyond belief on the Internet.  The bar gets raised and demands up on games, in areas that really aren't needed.

I likely also hold an opinion that it is these expectations, and beliefs that are causing the videogame industry to bleed red ink.

Had to be said....

Of all the possibilities developers can make a games console do, they choose "interactive movie"? Yeah, they're directly competing with Hollywood, where they cannot win.

Dr.JimmyRustles said:
FFXIII is alright game but its not a Final Fantasy game. Final Fantasy V is the most emotional, and second best FF game.

While I don't remember many emotional parts of FF5, I'm going to say that FF5's main theme is the best main theme in the series (and I LOVE FF6s main theme, which is saying something about FF5s).

Given the results in the last poll here, Mario Kart Wii > Mario Kart 7.

Troll_Whisperer said:
Yet another one: I think yearly releases for sports games are OK and I think FIFA games are great games.

Well, I'll have to kind of disagree.

I wouldn't have any problems with yearly releases for sports games if they offered a low priced roster update for the owners of past versions. Because let's be honest here, most of the time the only difference between a game of one year to the game of the next year are the players that have changed their team.

Also, I think that people who buys this kind of yearle games at full price are people with more money than brains.

And to finish: I don't like sport games. I don't get them. Why would I want to play football with my friends on a videogame when I can go and play it for real? Oh well, maybe it's because I grew in a small town and if we wanted to play football or anything else we just had to go to an empty field and play.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
Troll_Whisperer said:
Yet another one: I think yearly releases for sports games are OK and I think FIFA games are great games.

I wouldn't have any problems with yearly releases for sports games if they offered a low priced roster update for the owners of past versions. Because let's be honest here, most of the time the only difference between a game of one year to the game of the next year are the players that have changed their team.

Also, I think that people who buys this kind of yearle games at full price are people with more money than brains.

And to finish: I don't like sport games. I don't get them. Why would I want to play football with my friends on a videogame when I can go and play it for real? Oh well, maybe it's because I grew in a small town and if we wanted to play football or anything else we just had to go to an empty field and play.

Precisely because the biggest differences are usually the rosters (and because there is no story) I think there is little incentive to buy the games every year, so it doesn't matter that they are yearly.

For instance, I have 2 FIFA games out of the 7 released, and bought them both at a discount. So I see no problem.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Troll_Whisperer said:
JEMC said:
Troll_Whisperer said:

Precisely because the biggest differences are usually the rosters (and because there is no story) I think there is little incentive to buy the games every year, so it doesn't matter that they are yearly.

For instance, I have 2 FIFA games out of the 7 released, and bought them both at a discount. So I see no problem.

My problem is with the Co. and their greed, not with the games.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

97% of PC developers are lazy.

I am the Playstation Avenger.