By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why the Xbox Entertainment-For-All Plan is Good for Consumers

I have always said compared to a credit card or a subscription type plan at virtually any of the rent-to-own places, the $99 Xbox plan is very cheap and very consumer friendly. Nice to see the numbers broken down though.

Does the plan no longer include the extended warranty for the console and Kinect? Because that's like another $70 or so you save versus retail IIRC.

Around the Network

it's like overpaying for something. you'd might as well just buy the non-subscription console instead.

JayWood2010 said:
Adinnieken said:
JayWood2010 said:
Didn't read it. Let's wait for the reveal instead of basing information on rumors that have not been confirmed.

Jay...maybe you should read it.  It has nothing to do with the Next Xbox.  The EFA (Entertainment For All) plan is Microsoft subsidized purchase plan for the Xbox 360.

I agree with the subsdized plan, specially for america.  I think we saw a thread from VGking a few days ago and why it is bad and I had to roll my eyes.  The reason is because phones work the same way.  People make a down payment and then pay monthly on a phone and it works. People rather pay a smaller amount upfron than paying $500 for a phone up front.  I think the same thing will apply with the NeXbox if they decide to do it.  People prefer that smaller down payment.  Not everybody, but a lot.  it is an option for different types of consumers.  But ill read it and see what i says.

EDIT:  I see you was talking about the X360 so you used relevant information rather than rumors.  Good thread and well thought out :)

I think i'm alittle late Jay, but I think the cell phone plan is more practical than a gaming console. People need cell phones; but they don't need a gaming console.

gooch_destroyer said:
JayWood2010 said:
Adinnieken said:
JayWood2010 said:
Didn't read it. Let's wait for the reveal instead of basing information on rumors that have not been confirmed.

Jay...maybe you should read it.  It has nothing to do with the Next Xbox.  The EFA (Entertainment For All) plan is Microsoft subsidized purchase plan for the Xbox 360.

I agree with the subsdized plan, specially for america.  I think we saw a thread from VGking a few days ago and why it is bad and I had to roll my eyes.  The reason is because phones work the same way.  People make a down payment and then pay monthly on a phone and it works. People rather pay a smaller amount upfron than paying $500 for a phone up front.  I think the same thing will apply with the NeXbox if they decide to do it.  People prefer that smaller down payment.  Not everybody, but a lot.  it is an option for different types of consumers.  But ill read it and see what i says.

EDIT:  I see you was talking about the X360 so you used relevant information rather than rumors.  Good thread and well thought out :)

I think i'm alittle late Jay, but I think the cell phone plan is more practical than a gaming console. People need cell phones; but they don't need a gaming console.

Tell that to someone 20 years ago ;)  Cell phones are a luxury not a necessity.  A monthly plan has the potentiol to change gaming forever, and as I said it is an option not a requirement.  I think that needs to be addressed since I see certain people (not you) ignoring that.  I mean if you would prefer to pay $299 for X360 instead of $99 down paiment then that is ok. You are allowed that option, but others like a small down payment because it isn't as front loaded.

JayWood2010 said:
gooch_destroyer said:
JayWood2010 said:
Adinnieken said:
JayWood2010 said:

Tell that to someone 20 years ago ;)  Cell phones are a luxury not a necessity.  A monthly plan has the potentiol to change gaming forever, and as I said it is an option not a requirement.  I think that needs to be addressed since I see certain people (not you) ignoring that.  I mean if you would prefer to pay $299 for X360 instead of $99 down paiment then that is ok. You are allowed that option, but others like a small down payment because it isn't as front loaded.

would that also appy to cars as well? I see what you mean though. I was also wondering if someone was to become delinquent on the payment; would Mircosoft cut off services?

Around the Network
gooch_destroyer said:
JayWood2010 said:
gooch_destroyer said:
JayWood2010 said:
Adinnieken said:
JayWood2010 said:

would that also appy to cars as well? I see what you mean though. I was also wondering if someone was to become delinquent on the payment; would Mircosoft cut off services?

Cars are a necessity to some, not all.  Depends on where you go and where you are located.  Many people in NYC and cities like that, people often don't need them.  But yeah they are pretty neccessary for most people.  Not sure if that is what you was asking?  But yeah the same thing applies to cars.  You have an option to pay monthly on it at a higher cost due to interest or you can pay up front at full. Most people do monthly because it is hard to come up with a large sum of money all at once even though they will pay more in the end.  Though i can see how coming up with  50,000 is a little harder than coming up with $299 lol  so a little different but the same principle applies i think.

JayWood2010 said:
gooch_destroyer said:
JayWood2010 said:
gooch_destroyer said:
JayWood2010 said:
Adinnieken said:
JayWood2010 said:

Cars are a necessity to some, not all.  Depends on where you go and where you are located.  Many people in NYC and cities like that, people often don't need them.  But yeah they are pretty neccessary for most people.  Not sure if that is what you was asking?  But yeah the same thing applies to cars.  You have an option to pay monthly on it at a higher cost due to interest or you can pay up front at full. Most people do monthly because it is hard to come up with a large sum of money all at once even though they will pay more in the end.  Though i can see how coming up with  50,000 is a little harder than coming up with $299 lol  so a little different but the same principle applies i think.

Yeah it's hard to come up with that money up front, but that's why I pre-order my games and systems that way I can kinda off set the cost when they become availble.

"At retail, both a 4GB Xbox 360 w/Kinect and a 250GB Xbox 360 are $299.99."

This is probably the biggest issue here. This console is 8 years old! Same goes for PS3 as Sony actually increase the price of entry with the Super Slim. These consoles are way too expensive for their age. The more people that buy into these plans, the longer we will go without price drops. The late adopters are the ones who can potentially get screwed in the future.

gooch_destroyer said:
it's like overpaying for something. you'd might as well just buy the non-subscription console instead.

I feel like you've missed the point entirely.

Yes you'll pay a little more in the long run. But not paying a large sum of money upfront might be ideal for a lot of consumers.

How do you think rent to own places stay in business? The only difference is MS isn't charging you a large amount for interest.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

VGKing said:
"At retail, both a 4GB Xbox 360 w/Kinect and a 250GB Xbox 360 are $299.99."

This is probably the biggest issue here. This console is 8 years old! Same goes for PS3 as Sony actually increase the price of entry with the Super Slim. These consoles are way too expensive for their age. The more people that buy into these plans, the longer we will go without price drops. The late adopters are the ones who can potentially get screwed in the future.

the entry model is only $199 . Price drops have no relation to these subscription plans. If they did than why hasn't the ps3 droped more in price since it doesn't have a sub plan?