By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why the Xbox Entertainment-For-All Plan is Good for Consumers

theprof00 said:
Adinnieken said:
theprof00 said:
I thought it was supposedly extremely easy to get a year of live for under 30$

You thought wrong.  Under $40, there are various sales throughout the year where you can get it for that.  Howevever, at $335.98 that's 16 months instead of 18 months before you've reached the same amount on the EFA plan that you'd spend in one year buying it outright, if my memory serves me correctly.

That's just what xbros always tell me.

I can't speak for anyone in the US but my last 12 month card cost me £26 in the UK and it's been that price for a few months now.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:

The service fee is only mandatory here because that's how they offset the cheaper hardware price compared to paying upfront. This is simple stuff.

If you're speaking in general in regards to XBLG, please dig up one of the many XBLG threads you've whined in before instead of crapping up this one.

Afraid to quote me? Yeah, you usually run away.

Service fee isn't offsetting anything. If you buy it up front, you still pay the service fee. It just may be a cheaper service fee.

You cannot avoid this service fee if you wish to play online, which is up to 50% of a game, apps, features, etc.

Wow, you got me. I don't quote because I am "afraid". Even though just by replying, you are alerted to a new post in the thread. And you're free to quote me and respond. You're precious.

So as I thought, this is just more XBLG bellyaching. Feel free to argue it in any of the many of the XBLG threads you have already crapped up, this thread isn't really the place for it imho, so I won't be responding anymore down that rabbit hole.

J_Allard said:

Wow, you got me. I don't quote because I am "afraid". Even though just by replying, you are alerted to a new post in the thread. And you're free to quote me and respond. You're precious.

So as I thought, this is just more XBLG bellyaching. Feel free to argue it in any of the many of the XBLG threads you have already crapped up, this thread isn't really the place for it imho, so I won't be responding anymore down that rabbit hole.

Like I said, you usually run away from my arguments.

To respond to your initial piece of inanity...

I don't make a habit of returning to threads I am disinterested in, nor do I care to read through every comment. If you wish to reply to me, quote me, otherwise don't ninja respond to me so you can attain some perceived final blow. It's cowardice at its finest and I've become accustomed to such behavior from you. Grow up.

So you're accustomed to it, and yet still whining about it. Strange. Maybe get over it? I do find it hilarious how much thought you think goes behind it though. "perceived final blow" LOL. Again, precious.

If you want me to engage you regarding XBLG, there are threads for that. Hope that helps.

Around the Network

We'll see at the unveiling. Hear say means nothing until after that point.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

This has nothing to do with the next Xbox.  The EFA plan is currently available on the Xbox 360, so what is the point of your comment, "I haven't read the post, but let me comment anyway?"

BlowoverKing said:
Funny, if it's such a good deal then why are people not using the plan? Now I can't speak for everyone but at least in the area I live in nobody is buying an xbox through this plan. I've worked at best buy since last october and only 2 people have bought an xbox through plan when I work.

We always get people asking about this "$99" dollar xbox but as soon as we mention that your locked into getting live at $15 a month they either laugh and leave or ask how much it would be to get it up front. Which I tell them $420 vs $460 and they opt to just save their money to buy it outright. Hell half the people who buy xbox's at the store I work at don't even have wi-fi so this plan isn't even an option.

Also last time I did one (which was a few months ago) it did require them to have a credit card and checked their credit history. The fact is when it comes to a gaming console this plan just won't work when most people don't want to pay $15 a month for 2 years for a service they may or may not use. Plus remember you have to cancel the plan after your 2 years are up otherwise it auto renews.

Whether or not things changed when Microsoft expanded the service to additional retailers, I can't be sure.  I went through the original user agreement and there was nothing about credit checks or credit cards.  However, the current agreement does require a credit check and credit/debit card for billing purposes.

Question if they do not take a credit card with purchase what is stopping people from pulling a cricket getting the cheap console and then not paying for xbox live at all

Adinnieken said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

This has nothing to do with the next Xbox.  The EFA plan is currently available on the Xbox 360, so what is the point of your comment, "I haven't read the post, but let me comment anyway?"

I have read it and I don't think Microsoft will reveal plans everything about their plans for payment until the unveiling or at least E3. Personally, I dont think their cellphone model is good for the industry, but it cant hurt to try it out and see if it succeeds. I think Microsoft is just using the 360 as a prototype to see how the business model could work for the 720. As I said, wait until the unveiling, everything until then is hear say for me. I am giving the speculation on Microsofts next gen a rest now until they open their mouths themselves.