By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you could bring back a former console manufacturer, who would it be?

Which former console maufacturer would you bring back?

Sega 135 72.58%

Atari 13 6.99%

Commodore 9 4.84%

Amstrad 0 0%

Neo Geo 10 5.38%

Bandai (Wonderswan) 0 0%

Magnavox (Odyssey) 1 0.54%

NEC (PC engine) 6 3.23%

Other 12 6.45%

Total:186

Defiantly SEGA!!!!

Around the Network

Honestly none of them. There's a good reason why they're all pushing up daisies today.

Even in SEGA's case... if they were to somehow scrounge enough capital together to be able to afford to manufacture and launch another console, it would probably perform even worse than the Wii U is currently doing. What system-selling IPs do they have today? Sonic? Pfff... good luck with that.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Neo Geo. Say what you want, I think that there's a place for a high-end console in today's market.

Love and tolerate.

Salnax said:
Neo Geo. Say what you want, I think that there's a place for a high-end console in today's market.

I'm not so sure how it would do today. That console was all about being an arcade for the home. The arcade ain't doing too great these days

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

the2real4mafol said:
Salnax said:

I'm not so sure how it would do today. That console was all about being an arcade for the home. The arcade ain't doing too great these days

Then they'd have to change with the times, but the basic idea still seems alluring to me. Imagine the potential of a $1200 console. Basically, it'd be on par with PC's for half a decade at least, and would have high-end versions of all the multiplatform games. Plus, if the Neo Geo tradition continues, we'd end up with the sexiest looking 2D games of all time.

I wouldn't buy it, but I think it would be more interesting to have around again than Sega.

Love and tolerate.

Around the Network
Salnax said:
the2real4mafol said:
Salnax said:

Then they'd have to change with the times, but the basic idea still seems alluring to me. Imagine the potential of a $1200 console. Basically, it'd be on par with PC's for half a decade at least, and would have high-end versions of all the multiplatform games. Plus, if the Neo Geo tradition continues, we'd end up with the sexiest looking 2D games of all time.

I wouldn't buy it, but I think it would be more interesting to have around again than Sega.

Or they could just do another amazing handheld like they did in 2000

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

the2real4mafol said:
Salnax said:
the2real4mafol said:
Salnax said:

Or they could just do another amazing handheld like they did in 2000

They did that already

Love and tolerate.

RolStoppable said:
Apple, to see them fail again.

I voted Atari but I think I'd rather see Apple fail then Atari rise back to power then cause a another crash or fail again themselves. I think most of of the list would fail these days unfortunately.

atari. so they can make ET 2 and fail miserably.

Coleco, of course. No ColecoVision, no Famicom and no SG-1000.