By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If you could bring back a former console manufacturer, who would it be?

Which former console maufacturer would you bring back?

Sega 135 72.58%

Atari 13 6.99%

Commodore 9 4.84%

Amstrad 0 0%

Neo Geo 10 5.38%

Bandai (Wonderswan) 0 0%

Magnavox (Odyssey) 1 0.54%

NEC (PC engine) 6 3.23%

Other 12 6.45%

Total:186

Over the years, since the very first gaming consoles. We have seen many companies try their luck at making gaming hardware, some succeded and many have failed. Out of the ones that are sadly no longer here making consoles, say which one you want to come back. Some of them make games still for other consoles, but in this thread i'm talking the actual consoles only.

I think I would bring back Sega, just because of the legacy they left behind with the Mega Drive and Dreamcast especially. Amazing systems that tried to bring so many features for the time. They didn't get the recognition they deserved. Some truly great systems. But i respect that they left with the Dreamcast, there wouldn't be a Sega left too if they didn't. Even now, they make some great games, not just Sonic but Yakuza, Vanquish, Bayonetta etc. But i would definately buy there system if they made one today. I just wish they brought there older franchises to the current generation. Make a new Alex Kidd, Nights into Dreams, Shenmue etc.   

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network

You missed the one i'd pick.

Bally.

They just need to bring back the Astrocade and i'd be happy.

Coleco!!

i added other to the poll

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Seriously Sega would be the console manufacturer that deserves the impetus to run again.

Around the Network

There's only two that were actually worth something, SEGA and Atari. Of those, I'd say SEGA (even if I think the 2600 was a great console).

Poll says it all.

SEGA!

Rare. Yes, Rare, they made the Nintendo N64.

SEGA winning in a landslide. Positively shocking.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers