By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Darkness Has Returned... "Shadow of the Eternals" The Spiritual Sequel to Eternal Darkness Announced!

Tagged games:

KylieDog said:
So they want money to fund one episode that will then fund more, but if interest isn't strong enough or weans over episodes then the game is going to get cut short or remain unfinished.

I hate episodic games.

Yeah reminds me of S.I.N Episodes. I was happy that S.I.N was getting a sequel. Unfortunately, it was episodic.....so we know how that turned out

Around the Network

Just watched the trailer. Looks promising :)

I actually like the idea of a spiritual sequel over a direct sequel. As much as I enjoyed the original game, I don't think its story needed a follow-up.

Nintendo could just fund it as it doesn't seem like a big budget game but concept and legacy is promising. Than again Silicon Knights or ex Silicon Knights is not what it used to be.

I can't seem to find their crowd funding page.

Naum said:
Gamerace said:
Suke said:
I'm not talking sales wise, Nintendo image. Gamers see Nintendo as a kiddy company. With more mature titles like bayontta, Nintendo will have a new image.

I thought Nintendo had a soccer mom image since Wii.

Regardless, Eternal Darkness, Beyond Good and Evil, a slew of RE exclusives and all the Prince of Persias and Tom Clancy games (and even gritty M games like True Crime, Hitman) couldn't lift Gamecube above it's kiddie image.

Nintendo will always have a kiddie image as long as it makes Mario, Kirby, Donkey Kong and dare I say, Zelda games.

Wich is kinda ironic since most people who play those games are 20+

Heck I play them and I'm 45, but they're too kiddie for my twelve year old step-son.

Darc Requiem said:
I don't trust Denis Dyack to do this game anymore.

Unfortunately, without Nintendo's involvement, this is my thought exactly.

Love for him to prove me wrong though.

Around the Network

Wish Nintendo would take control of this, and even if it says episodic, it would release this on eshop.
If i recall Sonic 4 was also episodic, right? So, it can work. Wouldn`t hurt if the episodes were closer together in time.

This is a rather story-focused game, which I think makes it a good fit for episodic release.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Please all of you who played Eternal Darkness can you go and pledge some money? I want this game to be made.