By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Darkness Has Returned... "Shadow of the Eternals" The Spiritual Sequel to Eternal Darkness Announced!

Tagged games:

Would be better if nintendo funded it and it was released as a full game and Wii U exclusive. Can't really say im too interested in it like this, but meh... we'll see how its looking up.

Around the Network
F0X said:
EricFabian said:

Q: Why is this game a Wii U console exclusive?
A: It may very well not be. The initial goal is for release of Wii U and PC, which appeases fans of the GameCube-exclusive original while gaining attention for the indie-loving, crowd-source crazy PC scene. With enough funding, it could certainly release on other platforms. A smart move would be to announce stretch goals - a specific amount of funding requested by the developer in exchange for another version of the game.

good for PS owners 

Right. I've been thinking about how this kind of game might be a good fit for Vita (or any handheld device for that matter).

as long as it uses the camera, I don't think it is good for any handheld

Click HERE and be happy 

Nem said:
Would be better if nintendo funded it and it was released as a full game and Wii U exclusive. Can't really say im too interested in it like this, but meh... we'll see how its looking up.

I am pretty sure that Nintendo won't do nothing to make it happen

Click HERE and be happy 

EricFabian said:
F0X said:
EricFabian said:

A: It may very well not be. The initial goal is for release of Wii U and PC, which appeases fans of the GameCube-exclusive original while gaining attention for the indie-loving, crowd-source crazy PC scene. With enough funding, it could certainly release on other platforms. A smart move would be to announce stretch goals - a specific amount of funding requested by the developer in exchange for another version of the game.

good for PS owners 

Right. I've been thinking about how this kind of game might be a good fit for Vita (or any handheld device for that matter).

The original Eternal Darkness had a fixed camera, so it might not matter.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

F0X said:
EricFabian said:
F0X said:
EricFabian said:

good for PS owners 

The original Eternal Darkness had a fixed camera, so it might not matter.

humm maybe. Let's see 

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network

I don't trust Denis Dyack to do this game anymore.

That's gonna bomb so hard.

game looks nice, I hope it turns out good. I loved ED even If I did not understand the plot back on the day...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

KylieDog said:
So they want money to fund one episode that will then fund more, but if interest isn't strong enough or weans over episodes then the game is going to get cut short or remain unfinished.

I hate episodic games.

Unfortunately this is probably one of the better options for Precursor to publish the title. :/

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Trailer looked fantastic but episodic content? Bummer.

I hope Nintendo makes an official sequel.