By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What 3rd party exclusives can MS realistically buy for Next Xbox

What developer / publisher will MS most likely pay for exclusives?

EA 62 40.26%

Activision 27 17.53%

Ubisoft 2 1.30%

Bethesda 12 7.79%

Capcom 4 2.60%

Square Enix 5 3.25%

Epic 21 13.64%

2K 5 3.25%

Other 15 9.74%

Total:153

I don't mind them buying exclusive content and DLC, but whole games would make me a bit sad. Especially if it's a game series that I like. Anyway, I might get the next xbox if it proves that it's worth getting.

Around the Network

They would only ever want a game that is A;important to the industry or B; important to Sony's mindshare.

My votes are for Crash Bandicoot from Activision. How big of a slap in the face would it be to get exclusive in a series that Sony popularized and sold millions. This would obviously have to be a big time reboot done right to truly matter but hey, Spyro was rebooted quite successfully. It also would fit perfectly with MS's new push for the casual market.

Next would be Titan. Its a new IP but from a famous name. It would be perfect for that.

Personally, neither of these will phase me in the slightest. As far as I am concerned, MS doesn't truly care for the industry but simply wants to put Sony out of the biz and milk us dry for money. I will probably never trust them with my money, no matter what exclusives they buy up (Well.....maybe another Mass Effect level RPG).

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)