By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - ESPN journalist Chris Broussard on NBA's Jason Collins: Homosexuality is a sin and living in sin isn't Christian

Video will not play for me, could you summarize the content?

Around the Network

€dit: oh you said "in high places"

He says a lot more than just homosexuals. Honestly, whats the big deal? He believes what he says. You believe the opposite. Okay.

Though I think his definition of being a Christian is wrong. I don't think he says anything too controversial.

Why are you condemning him for his opinion? That's pretty ignorant. Christians don't agree with the homosexual lifestyle; you act as if that's news?

Currently own:

• Ps4

Currently playing: Witcher 3, Walking Dead S1/2, GTA5, Dying Light, Tomb Raider Remaster, MGS Ground Zeros

ps3-sales! said:
Why are you condemning him for his opinion? That's pretty ignorant. Christians don't agree with the homosexual lifestyle; you act as if that's news?

i know enough christians who do

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
ps3-sales! said:

There is a difference between being accepting and loving people (which is what Jesus taught and what Christians should strive for) and agreeing with it.

As an atheist, I think this guy is bonkers, but he at least has my respect by virtue of the fact that he is attempting to live his life in accordance with his beliefs (rather than modify his beliefs on the fly to pander to the politcally correct crowd).

If I was a Christian, I would probably be kind of like this guy (attempting to live according to the bible as impossible and self-contradictory as that may be in my eyes).

pezus said:
Max King of the Wild said:
crissindahouse said:
ps3-sales! said:

There is a difference between being accepting and loving people (which is what Jesus taught and what Christians should strive for) and agreeing with it.

If you say being a homosexual is a sin, then you're not accepting and loving and therefore it could be argued that you aren't a good Christian. I would also argue that accepting and loving someone is the same as "agreeing" with him. Agreeing doesn't mean you yourself have to do the same things homosexuals do. It just means that you understand that not everyone prefers the same gender as you do.

I think you need to brush up on your Christian beliefs. Him calling it a sin wasn't what was the unaccepting part. It was where he said you can't be a Christian which I've already commented on

well, he said it's a sin and those i was talking about don't think like that. they think both is fine and both is allowed if you are a christian.

pezus said:
pezus said:
crissindahouse said:
ps3-sales! said:

If you say being a homosexual is a sin, then you're not accepting and loving and therefore it could be argued that you aren't a good Christian. I would also argue that accepting and loving someone is the same as "agreeing" with him. Agreeing doesn't mean you yourself have to do the same things homosexuals do. It just means that you understand that not everyone prefers the same gender as you do.

I think you need to brush up on your Christian beliefs. Him calling it a sin wasn't what was the unaccepting part. It was where he said you can't be a Christian which I've already commented on

I'm not a Christian, and therefore I don't need to brush up on my beliefs .

I still don't understand the point here. Why is calling homosexuality a sin not unaccepting?

Why? Because everyone commits sin. The only sinless being was Jesus (I think...). So if Christians were unaccepting of everyone who has commited a sin they wouldn't even accept themselves