By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Yet another call for gun control - Daily Show

if people were able to control their guns, nobody would ask for gun control

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network
Porcupine_I said:
if people were able to control their guns, nobody would ask for gun control

Nrgh! Gun hand, no! Control yourself! P-power...too great... C-can't contain it...

badgenome said:
ROFLMAO said:

I love living in a country where I don't have to worry about getting shot whenever I leave my house. 

So do I.

Like one of 311's song titles... Guns are for pussies.

sethnintendo said:

Like one of my song titles... 311 are pussies.

badgenome said:
sethnintendo said:

Like one of my song titles... 311 are pussies.

But they're from the mean streets of St. Louis.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
As an Australian, I love living in a country where guns are controlled.

+1

ROFLMAO said:
curl-6 said:

I second this. I'm no fan of John Howard, but what he did after the Port Arthur massacre was absolutely what needed to be done, it's one of the best things any PM has done in the last few decades. I love living in a country where I don't have to worry about getting shot whenever I leave my house. 

Me too. It's called United States of America. The last thing on my mind is getting shot. You may be watching the news a little too hard. It is really not as bad as they picture it. Granted, I agree on the universal background check stuff.

As far as ban of assault rifles, i am conflicted. On the one hand, a regular, law abiding citizen does not need anything more than a handgun or maybe even a shotgun or the likes for protection of his family and property. On the other hand, Assault rifles cause so little deaths in comparison to handgun, I think i heard it was less than 1% of all gun related incidents. If that is the case, then why even bother? It's obvious that its the people behind the guns.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

ROFLMAO said:
curl-6 said:

I second this. I'm no fan of John Howard, but what he did after the Port Arthur massacre was absolutely what needed to be done, it's one of the best things any PM has done in the last few decades. I love living in a country where I don't have to worry about getting shot whenever I leave my house. 

Wow, Australia was that bad before the gun ban where you feared being shot when you left your house? I had no idea it was that bad. Sounds like the right decision was made!

amp316 said:

I think you mean the mean streets of Omaha.

badgenome said:
amp316 said:

I think you mean the mean streets of Omaha.

Heh.  What do you know?  Why did I think that they were from St. Louis?

How do YOU know that they're from Omaha?  Hmm?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger