By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Next-Gen Xbox Is Getting a Hell of an Exclusive, Sources Say

If it does become a killer AAA title and a must have for next box I would still wait a year to make sure it's not on ps4 also, unless Microsoft specifically states that the franchise is strictly Xbox only and not a timed exclusive.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:
VGKing said:
Darth Tigris said:
VGKing said:
Nsanity said:

"I really hope the exclusive rumors are false"

"Please come to PS4"

"please no xbox exclusive"

"I really hope its a myth your title will be exclusive to Microsoft"

"Really hope it is not Xbox exclusive. I was looking forward to supporting a great team"

"better now be exclusive -_- been waiting for your game and ill be upset if its just for Microsoft consoles"

"hope it comes to ps4. Bigger potential market and satisfy all your fans"

I don't see anything wrong here. Those people have every right to wan this game on their platform. It doen't make business sense to make it exclusive either. If EA/Respawn want this game to at least put up a fight against the likes of Call of Duty or Battlefield, it MUST be multi-platform. We've seen what timed-exclusivity does with games like Bioshock and Mass Effect. Considering the quality of these franchises, they don't sell very well. It's all because of poor business decisions made earlier in the generation. Bioshock Infinite should have sold double what it did at launch.

So do you feel the same about the timed exclusives announced for the PS4?

There are no timed-exclusives announced for PS4. Hell, there's no timed-exclusves announced for XBox 720. 
There was a similar rumor about the Destiny games and we saw how that turned out.

Although I would like to have timed-exclusive PS4 games, I know its unfair for the gamer community. The only way it is fair is in a Bayonetta 2 type of situation where the game would never have been made without partnerships. From what I understand from this rumor, the game was already a good amount of time in development only to be snatched up by Microsoft because they don't have enough 1st party content for launch.

Again, these are rumors so let's not get away from outselves. Kotaku isn't the most reliable of sources anyway. 

The Witness is a timed exclusive for PS4.

Destiny is a timed exclusive for the 720. This means Microsoft continues to and has just started to milk Activision and EA's lactating nipples. Only the finest breast milk for Microsoft.

Timed exclusives hurt the industry. If this rumor is true, the money Microsoft shoveled over to EA will get them early adopters, but it's a lack of a true exclusive. It hurts fans on the PS4/Wii U side since if the game does get released on those systems, then it'll be atleast a yea. It doesn't really hurt fans of the Next Box unless you're one of those who only play exclusive titles and it sucks if it's not exclusive, but it does hurt fans who purchase all consoles because that money could have been spent on developing an exclusive rather than purchasing a timed exclusive.

It's also a bad move on Microsoft's part, because anyone who was a gamer last gen will know most of these "exclusives" are only timed exclusives and if by some chance they're exclusives, that year wait possibly could have pushed the gamer to purchase a PS4 thinking it will jump over, or they might get it a year later when they find out it doesn't come to the PS4, but for $20 since by that time the price will have dropped significantly.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Destiny is a timed exclusive for the 720. This means Microsoft continues to and has just started to milk Activision and EA's lactating nipples. Only the finest breast milk for Microsoft.

Sounds like you are making that out to be a bad thing!

walsufnir said:
binary solo said:
BenVTrigger said:
Megaton if true

Overstating things a bit no?

Megaton is an existing popular multiplat franchise going exclusive, or an existing popular exclusive franchise going multiplat, at the begoinning of a new generation.

This is a new IP from a new developer, with some guys who have a good reputation for multiplayer FPS.

It is for sure a very good grab by MS. What surprises me though is not that they got PS4 shut out, but that they've shut out the PC too (right?).

For me, one less FPS franchise on Playstation is good news.

I actually hope the next generation is the generation of something other than FPS.

Please not JPRGs...  And why is one less FPS franchise good? I thought Playstation was always strong because of variety...

Well yeah, but there's zero danger of that happening. I like JRPGs more than FPS (FP anything actually...looking at you Elder Scrolls), but it's not exactly a favourite genre. Technically 2 of my favourite games of the current generation are JRPGs, though Demon's Souls is about as J as Dragon Age Origins. And Valkyria Chronicles is more turn based strategy than JRPG.

Playstation can be strong on variety without this franchise. It'll have Killzone as an exclusive for the hardcore FPS fan, annual Battlefield and CoD for the softcocks, and whatever Bungie has in mind for nextgen. Plus loads of other generic FPS that a whole bunch of studios are going to push out in the hopes of catching some of the CoD fever. Sony has to feed the FPS beast but there's more than enough to go around just with current generation carry overs. A shame for Sony Resistance turned from a flagship into a flop.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Darth Tigris said:
VGKing said:

I don't see anything wrong here. Those people have every right to wan this game on their platform. It doen't make business sense to make it exclusive either. If EA/Respawn want this game to at least put up a fight against the likes of Call of Duty or Battlefield, it MUST be multi-platform. We've seen what timed-exclusivity does with games like Bioshock and Mass Effect. Considering the quality of these franchises, they don't sell very well. It's all because of poor business decisions made earlier in the generation. Bioshock Infinite should have sold double what it did at launch.

So do you feel the same about the timed exclusives announced for the PS4?

What are the timed exclusive(s) for PS4? Perhaps I missed them.

The Witness for one.

richardhutnik said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Hey, hey now! You know everyone likes breast milk!

S.T.A.G.E. said:
richardhutnik said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Hey, hey now! You know everyone likes breast milk!

Lol everyone sure does

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Darth Tigris said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
ethomaz said:

Kaz predicted that today before the article out (of couse he had his own sources).

Gamer: Variety!

Microsoft: Shooter!

PS4 reveal highlighted TWO futuristic sci-fi FPS's (Killzone and Destiny), so why are you calling out MS for something that they haven't even done yet when Sony did exactly what you're stating ... ?

OT:  So how are all of these comments from obvious Playstation fans about shooters on the next Xbox not considered trolling by the mods???

LOL....

So there was no Knack, Last of Us, InFamous, The Witness and other various games shown. LOL Sony might make shooters, but their identity isnt wrapped around shooters. Even you can admit that. Dont tell me when you think PS3 you think Killzone alone....no..no my friend.

P.S.

I will make a bold prediction and say, yes, very, very boldly that Microsoft just made a studio called Black Tusk that will eventually unveil another shooter. ;)

You're trying to shift the focus, though.  Just like Sony, it makes sense that MS will have a variety of games as well.  But two of the highest profile games at the PS4 reveal were futuristic sci-fi shooters (one first party even) and that in particular is what you're criticizing Microsoft for.  That's definitively hypocritical and, imo, is trolling.  But here that kind of rhetoric has been used so much that it must be written off as an opinion by the mods or something ...

S.T.A.G.E. said:

This picture may be the only thing that we've ever agreed upon, lol.  Amen!