By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Next-Gen Xbox Is Getting a Hell of an Exclusive, Sources Say

also, loling that people dont know much of anything concrete about the game and already spouting crap about if it'll be a 'megaton' or not.

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:
also, loling that people dont know much of anything concrete about the game and already spouting crap about if it'll be a 'megaton' or not.

Reads comment

Looks at comment same user posted above that

Notices said user calls the game generic, forms pre concieved notions about it without "knowing much of anything concrete about the game and already spouting crap" about how he thinks it wont be a Megaton

Lols

oooohh a new shooter... can't wait.

Nsanity said:
VGKing said:
Darth Tigris said:
VGKing said:
Nsanity said:

"I really hope the exclusive rumors are false"

"Please come to PS4"

"please no xbox exclusive"

"I really hope its a myth your title will be exclusive to Microsoft"

"Really hope it is not Xbox exclusive. I was looking forward to supporting a great team"

"better now be exclusive -_- been waiting for your game and ill be upset if its just for Microsoft consoles"

"hope it comes to ps4. Bigger potential market and satisfy all your fans"

I don't see anything wrong here. Those people have every right to wan this game on their platform. It doen't make business sense to make it exclusive either. If EA/Respawn want this game to at least put up a fight against the likes of Call of Duty or Battlefield, it MUST be multi-platform. We've seen what timed-exclusivity does with games like Bioshock and Mass Effect. Considering the quality of these franchises, they don't sell very well. It's all because of poor business decisions made earlier in the generation. Bioshock Infinite should have sold double what it did at launch.

So do you feel the same about the timed exclusives announced for the PS4?

There are no timed-exclusives announced for PS4. Hell, there's no timed-exclusves announced for XBox 720. 
There was a similar rumor about the Destiny games and we saw how that turned out.

Although I would like to have timed-exclusive PS4 games, I know its unfair for the gamer community. The only way it is fair is in a Bayonetta 2 type of situation where the game would never have been made without partnerships. From what I understand from this rumor, the game was already a good amount of time in development only to be snatched up by Microsoft because they don't have enough 1st party content for launch.

Again, these are rumors so let's not get away from outselves. Kotaku isn't the most reliable of sources anyway. 

The Witness is a timed exclusive for PS4.

The developer confirmed himself that no money changed hands. Its differnt when developers come to you and offer exclusivity instead of you going to them with deep pockets. It's no secret that Sony has been very active in getting indie support for the PS4. 

BenVTrigger said:
VGKing said:
BenVTrigger said:
VGKing said:
BenVTrigger said:
binary solo said:
BenVTrigger said:
Megaton if true

Overstating things a bit no?

Megaton is an existing popular multiplat franchise going exclusive, or an existing popular exclusive franchise going multiplat, at the begoinning of a new generation.

This is a new IP from a new developer, with some guys who have a good reputation for multiplayer FPS.

It is for sure a very good grab by MS. What surprises me though is not that they got PS4 shut out, but that they've shut out the PC too (right?).

For me, one less FPS franchise on Playstation is good news.

I actually hope the next generation is the generation of something other than FPS.

Um no it doesnt have to be a well established franchise to be a Megaton

You dont think MS locking down the original Gears of War wasnt a Megaton? Because trust me it was.  This looks to be another one.  With the combination of both MS and EA promoting it and comng from huge scale developers its a big deal.  It would be like if Cliffy Bs bew game were exclusive to a console.  It would be a Megaton

We'd probably need to play the game first to find out. Worst case scenario, this ends up being the next Haze.
The FPS genre is very stale and the odds of a new IP reaching megaton levels of popularity/sales are low. Maybe Microsoft can make it happen though. Why they would want to push Halo competitor so much I dont' know though.

Lol

People have been saying FPS is oversaturated since the 90s.  The genre is going no where.

Call of Duty is going nowhere.Other FPS gams not so much.
New IP don't automatically become successful. They need to be diferent, innovative and fun. You're saying that new Respawn game is going to be all those things, without even seeing a single second of gameplay? Or Microsoft getting timed-exclusivity a seal of quality?

Please provide some evidence the FPS genre is shrinking.  There is none.

There is evidence however that it is growing 

I never said the FPS genre is shrinking. I said its hard to be successful unless you have Call of Duty in the title.
It IS too early to be calling this a megaton.

That being said, the concept of this game sound awesome and I'm hoping we see gameplay on May 21st.

Around the Network

i call it bull.

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

BenVTrigger said:
Tachikoma said:

Reads comment

Notices said user calls the game generic, forms pre concieved notions about it without "knowing much of anything concrete about the game and already spouting crap" about how he thinks it wont be a Megaton

Lols

Ha, that was going to be my reply.

We forget though, when it comes to Xbox related stuff on VGC, only absolute negative speculation/assumptions are logical.

J_Allard said:
BenVTrigger said:
Tachikoma said:

Reads comment

Lols

Ha, that was going to be my reply.

We forget though, when it comes to Xbox related stuff on VGC, only absolute negative speculation/assumptions are logical.

Of course.  And if we say anything good or speculate anything good about it we are obviousky biased and have no clue what we are talking about

I have no problem with people saying if the bad rumors are true they wont get a next xbox.  Thats fine.  It bothers me when they act like rumors are fact and that no matter what the next xbox will be terrible.  Notice how suddenly Respawns game cant be cool.  It has to be just a generic boring shooter

I highly doubt this is true to begin with but if it is it's certainly a pretty big pick up. I guess it's just not that big of a deal since Sony already has a big exclusive FPS and another if Resistance 4 happens. That and I've lost interest in most shooters in general.

Hopefully, it will stay exclusive. Xbox needs them and this is a new franchise so even better

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018