By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Persona 5 Conspiracy Thread

Tagged games:

What Platform is the game most likely to be on?

PS3 62 42.47%

Wii 0 0%

Xbox360 0 0%

PS4 18 12.33%

WiiU 2 1.37%

NextBox 0 0%

PS Vita 18 12.33%

3DS 24 16.44%

PC 0 0%

Multiplatform 22 15.07%

Total:146
Mmmfishtacos said:
I think well see after Shin Megami Tensei IV on 3ds we wont have to worry about Persona 5 being exclusive. Besides Atlus loves Sony and they wont be dicks like crapcom.

I think most of the JRPG developers learned their lesson about just sticking their games on any platform just cuz the install is bigger. It does not usually pan out well. There is a reason the PS3 and PSP started to overflow with JRPGs in the last few years. Shit this year we will have Tales of Xillia, Ni No Kuni, Atelier something, and a few more that I can't think of at the moment. Long over due really.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
If anything it will be on ps3 and vita. Maybe with some cross control options.

That would make me so happy :)

What direction do you see the story going?

Persona 3's surrounded around humanity's apathy and obsession with their own destruction. Persona 4 tapped into questions about how information is abundant and creates a pseudo nihilistic culture surrounding it, also about our mortal dread of obtaining the truth we pine for.

I think they will for sure go for a even more complex ideal. With Cathrine hinting they want to take the series to a more adult themed world, I think it is likely. One possible facet could be as an adult you are forced to give up many things that would make you happy in order to take on adult responsibility, it could lead into how we are all being manipulated like puppets for some unknown purpose and in the end what does it all mean.

It's hard for me to stay, but i loved the cast of 4 so much that i would love to see them in their adult years. Called back once again to enter the TV world, but maybe instead of inda it could take place is tokyo.Maybe Nanako is old enought to posses the powers of persona and she could join in on the quest. Nanako! I nearly cried when i got the bad ending. lol.

It would be cool to get video calls on your vita while playing cross controll with ps3/4.  

animegaming said:
either multiplatform cause catherine and areana was or 3DS cause that is pretty much the new shin magai tensei's are being released on

But SMT and Persona are such different beasts. Persona is the bread winner and SMT has become the spinoff really. Every single Persona tite has been PS exclusive. And both Cathrine and Arena were both heavily skewed PS. Arena sold almost 3x on PS3, and Catherine 2x. It would be a waste of dev time and money if you ask me.

Greatness Awaits

forevercloud3000 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
I think well see after Shin Megami Tensei IV on 3ds we wont have to worry about Persona 5 being exclusive. Besides Atlus loves Sony and they wont be dicks like crapcom.

I think most of the JRPG developers learned their lesson about just sticking their games on any platform just cuz the install is bigger. It does not usually pan out well. There is a reason the PS3 and PSP started to overflow with JRPGs in the last few years. Shit this year we will have Tales of Xillia, Ni No Kuni, Atelier something, and a few more that I can't think of at the moment. Long over due really.

Yes, JRPG seem kinda dry this gen, where they were king last gen. I hope it become a little better over the next few years.

forevercloud3000 said:
animegaming said:
either multiplatform cause catherine and areana was or 3DS cause that is pretty much the new shin magai tensei's are being released on

But SMT and Persona are such different beasts. Persona is the bread winner and SMT has become the spinoff really. Every single Persona tite has been PS exclusive. And both Cathrine and Arena were both heavily skewed PS. Arena sold almost 3x on PS3, and Catherine 2x. It would be a waste of dev time and money if you ask me.

however shin magai tensei spin offs like soul hackers and devil surivior are on the 3DS so it being a exclusive to the 3DS isn't out of the question and i have no idea if atlus was even happy with the sells of either title on the 360 

Around the Network

It will be on ps3 for sure, no doubt about it, but the only thing that's up in the air is will it be on Vita as well with cross save. Persona 4 Golden has already sold 420k retail only (probably well over 500k with digital) which is half of the original which had an install base 40 times larger. Besides Persona games aren't very graphic heavy so porting it to Vita won't be much of a hassle.

On another note, I would cry if Persona 5 came to 3DS only. I have one so it wouldn't be the end of the world but I would feel like they would have to make too many compromises (Persona 3 Portable) that it would make the series take a step back.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

I think the Velvet Room should be in an Internet Cafe.

Maybe instead of an Teenage cast in High School, How about a young adult cast in College.

Mmmfishtacos said:
forevercloud3000 said:
Mmmfishtacos said:
If anything it will be on ps3 and vita. Maybe with some cross control options.

That would make me so happy :)

What direction do you see the story going?

Persona 3's surrounded around humanity's apathy and obsession with their own destruction. Persona 4 tapped into questions about how information is abundant and creates a pseudo nihilistic culture surrounding it, also about our mortal dread of obtaining the truth we pine for.

I think they will for sure go for a even more complex ideal. With Cathrine hinting they want to take the series to a more adult themed world, I think it is likely. One possible facet could be as an adult you are forced to give up many things that would make you happy in order to take on adult responsibility, it could lead into how we are all being manipulated like puppets for some unknown purpose and in the end what does it all mean.

It's hard for me to stay, but i loved the cast of 4 so much that i would love to see them in their adult years. Called back once again to enter the TV world, but maybe instead of inda it could take place is tokyo.Maybe Nanako is old enought to posses the powers of persona and she could join in on the quest. Nanako! I nearly cried when i got the bad ending. lol.

It would be cool to get video calls on your vita while playing cross controll with ps3/4.  

I am almost positive that P5 will have a "hook" mechanic like the last two. P3, The Evoker Gun. P4 is the TV. My bet for P5? Either internet Social Media, or Cell Phones. I think they like tapping into relavent material that allows to better relate.

I would also love if P4 cast came back, but I think the series is better suited with reinventing each game. They always throw a wink at the previous game tho which is cool. Maybe we could get a P4-2 0_o?!

I would really like to see older characters, the teenage thing is just a tad played out. Maybe College level? Some Otaku say that that is highly unlikely because the Japanese take College far more seriously and thy dont have any fun during that time period apparently. I call bull, but lets say that is true. Cathrine took place in the US! I think that could be a hint that they can/will depict a Western based storyline.

Greatness Awaits

BlowoverKing said:
It will be on ps3 for sure, no doubt about it, but the only thing that's up in the air is will it be on Vita as well with cross save. Persona 4 Golden has already sold 420k retail only (probably well over 500k with digital) which is half of the original which had an install base 40 times larger. Besides Persona games aren't very graphic heavy so porting it to Vita won't be much of a hassle.

On another note, I would cry if Persona 5 came to 3DS only. I have one so it wouldn't be the end of the world but I would feel like they would have to make too many compromises (Persona 3 Portable) that it would make the series take a step back.

Honestly I wouldn't even play it on the 3ds. I'd wait for them to realize their mistake. So they’ll port it to ps platforms. But really, I don’t think we have to worry about 3ds exclusivity. They know the platforms their games sale on.

tag