By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Persona 5 Conspiracy Thread

Tagged games:

What Platform is the game most likely to be on?

PS3 62 42.47%

Wii 0 0%

Xbox360 0 0%

PS4 18 12.33%

WiiU 2 1.37%

NextBox 0 0%

PS Vita 18 12.33%

3DS 24 16.44%

PC 0 0%

Multiplatform 22 15.07%

Total:146
Soriku said:
KingKazuma34 said:
I dont really know how Nintendo gamers would talk Persona 5 on 3ds. I mean I myself have a 3ds, and bought Soul Hackers and all other SMT games on the 3ds, but im just one of few. The Nintendo fanbase do not really buy SMT that much, just look at the sales chart. Compare the sales to those games, to the sales of Persona 4: Golden. Index knows that the Persona fanbase is still on Ps3/Vita So that is why I think they will target their games there. SMT has always been with Nintendo for awhile now, even the DS had SMT games while PSP had Persona games. But hey, if P5 comes out on 3ds, I guess ill be playing it on my 3ds lol.

If Nintendo fans don't buy SMT why would they keep making SMT games for Nintendo systems? lol. Persona is just more popular than the other SMT games.

Also, if you're looking at the sales here, know that they're overtracked (outside of Japan).

Im just going to take a wild guess and say its because developing SMT games for the ds/3ds is not expensive at all, and also due to the fact that they do not have to be graphic intense because people would be like "Well it is on the ds/3ds so the graphics will only be so good." With such a low budget for these games, you do not have to sell as high number of copies of the game, unlike if you make a very high budget console game. However, I think that with games like Persona 5, people expect it to be on a console like Ps3. What comes with that is expectations that the graphics and other areas are very high quality, kind of like Catherine. Much bigger budget, and what comes with bigger budgets is that you have to sell more copies of the game to profit. I dont know if you will understand that, Im kind of bad when it comes to explaining some stuff xD

Around the Network
MDMAlliance said:
Only reason I say 3DS is because it is the only platform I can think of (with what information I have) that sounds likely. They did say a persona game was coming to the 3DS, and it's been a while since they said that. I just feel like it wouldn't take over 3 years to make a simple port of a game. Maybe they silently cancelled the game, and I wont be surprised if they happened to release the next Persona game (5) on the PS3 or Vita or something. I just have no reason to believe that as of now.

If anything the Persona stated for 3DS will probably be a port of the early ones, which are very similar to the SMT games that are on DS/3DS anyway.

Atlus originally stated already that the game is currently being developed for PS3. They didn't say exclusively or anything, just that it was def there for the time being. That was a while ago. I don't think that has changed except it might go cross gen with PS4/Vita.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Soriku said:
KingKazuma34 said:
I dont really know how Nintendo gamers would talk Persona 5 on 3ds. I mean I myself have a 3ds, and bought Soul Hackers and all other SMT games on the 3ds, but im just one of few. The Nintendo fanbase do not really buy SMT that much, just look at the sales chart. Compare the sales to those games, to the sales of Persona 4: Golden. Index knows that the Persona fanbase is still on Ps3/Vita So that is why I think they will target their games there. SMT has always been with Nintendo for awhile now, even the DS had SMT games while PSP had Persona games. But hey, if P5 comes out on 3ds, I guess ill be playing it on my 3ds lol.

If Nintendo fans don't buy SMT why would they keep making SMT games for Nintendo systems? lol. Persona is just more popular than the other SMT games.

Also, if you're looking at the sales here, know that they're overtracked (outside of Japan).

The SMT games that are on DS/3DS must be unimaginably cheap to make (they look it) so any amount of sales will be positive for them. Not to say if they put more effort into them like the Persona series it wouldn't do even better.. Just don't think the 3DS of all systems can handle tech wise what most fans are wanting in the next game.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)