By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the PS4 outsell the XBox One and WiiU?

Max King of the Wild said:
Zero999 said:
AnthonyW86 said:

What mainstream software are you reffering to? The Mii games like Wii sports and Wii Fit all centered around the controllers they came with. Again without these controllers the Wii would not have been appealing to casuals. The only thing Wii-U has is the tablet controller but people aren't really atracted to that, they have been playing games on tablets for years now. And again it's not an active type of gameplay like with the Wii mote or the Wii fit.

wii u has the multiplatforms the ps4 and nextbox will have + countless quality exclusives, all at a lower price. if that's not enough for someone to buy it, that person is not a gamer in any sense.

I guess there are less than 3mil real gamers world wide then

now you're saying my coment means anyone that doesnt own a wii u is not a gamer. don't you have anyone else to put words on the mouth? 

If multiplatforms + exclusives isnt enough for someone to buy a console, that person will probably never buy any console. if someone really don't want the nintendo exclusives in particular then the other consoles can be more atractive. if one doesnt mind the exclusives of any of the big 3, the lowest priced console is the better option.

Around the Network
goopy20 said:

Your right, games will be more expensive to develop. However do you seriously believe we won't see any true next gen games for 5 years? Every new console in history has had plenty of games from day one. It's not like we were getting HD ports of ps2 games, the first 3 years after the ps3 launched. What's interesting for developers is the lack of competition when the next gen starts. That's why games like Resistance 1 and Motor Storm 1 sold around 4 million copies, while the sequals never reached those kind of sales. 

But I agree, we don't know what will happen with the Wii-U. It could end up being very succesful, but any 6 year old can predict that it's not going to be a big player in the core gaming market though.

Any "true next gen game" will be on wii u if hardware capabilities is the only factor. even 3ds can easily get a downscaled version of a game built for ps360, thanks to it's architeture. wii u has the similar architeture of the future consoles and isn't much bellow them in power.

Your right, games will be more expensive to develop. However do you seriously believe we won't see any true next gen games for 5 years? Every new console in history has had plenty of games from day one. It's not like we were getting HD ports of ps2 games, the first 3 years after the ps3 launched. In fact, as soon as the ps4 comes out the ps3 will lose all it's appeal, pretty much like what happened with the ps2 when the ps3 came out. The ps3 luanched in 2007 and just look at how many ps2 games sold more then 2m copies in 2008: http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=&publisher=&platform=PS2&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

What's interesting for developers is the lack of competition when the next gen starts. That's why games like Resistance 1 and Motor Storm 1 sold around 4 million copies, while the sequals never reached those kind of sales. But I agree, we don't know what will happen with the Wii-U. It could end up being very succesful, but any 6 year old can predict that it's not going to be a big player in the core gaming market though.

Nono, you miss understood me, we will see "true next gen games" from 3rd parties in a short period of time.  I'm just saying we will see those games ported to last gen consoles(and whatever the wiiU is) for the next few years simply because they can't afford not too.  

Any 6 year old could also predict that it's going to be the biggest player in the core gaming market, so idk what your point is.  But personally, I see the wiiU becoming the 2nd best selling Nintendo console, and depending on how the ps4/720 do, it may end up having the most marketshare next gen.  

Something...Something...Games...Something

JakDaSnack said:

Your right, games will be more expensive to develop. However do you seriously believe we won't see any true next gen games for 5 years? Every new console in history has had plenty of games from day one. It's not like we were getting HD ports of ps2 games, the first 3 years after the ps3 launched. In fact, as soon as the ps4 comes out the ps3 will lose all it's appeal, pretty much like what happened with the ps2 when the ps3 came out. The ps3 luanched in 2007 and just look at how many ps2 games sold more then 2m copies in 2008: http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=&publisher=&platform=PS2&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

What's interesting for developers is the lack of competition when the next gen starts. That's why games like Resistance 1 and Motor Storm 1 sold around 4 million copies, while the sequals never reached those kind of sales. But I agree, we don't know what will happen with the Wii-U. It could end up being very succesful, but any 6 year old can predict that it's not going to be a big player in the core gaming market though.

Nono, you miss understood me, we will see "true next gen games" from 3rd parties in a short period of time.  I'm just saying we will see those games ported to last gen consoles(and whatever the wiiU is) for the next few years simply because they can't afford not too.  

Any 6 year old could also predict that it's going to be the biggest player in the core gaming market, so idk what your point is.  But personally, I see the wiiU becoming the 2nd best selling Nintendo console, and depending on how the ps4/720 do, it may end up having the most marketshare next gen.  

I don't understand, you think the Wii-U will be the biggest player in the core gaming market?

Anyway, like I said: look at how ps2 games were selling in 2008 even though it had a 150m installbase. The ps2 still got some ports but with a graphical leap in hardware there is only so much developers can do. Examples are most of the Wii ports that were basically a different game or horrid spinoffs like we got on the ps2 such as: http://www.ign.com/articles/2008/11/18/call-of-duty-world-at-war-final-fronts-review

Besides wouldn't it be kinda crap if developers wouldn't use the hardware on the true next gen consoles because they want their games to look identical on wii-u, ps3 and 360? Why bother releasing a new console at all then?

Zero999 said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

just forget it. i dont want to get into an argument about wii u and its sales because i'll just end up getting banned. its nice that some are still optimistic about the wii u but looking at its current state, i really dont see how anyone can be.

Please just explain what exactly that state is. Because what i see is a console that's new to the market with a drought period of games about to end. after holydays 2013 we will al have a better idea of how it will fare.

the wii u is selling so slow it would take like 5 years just to hit 20m sold.. not a very good state is it? why would the holidays change anything? it'll be competing with much cheaper PS3/360 with massive library of games. its a very sticky situation for nintendo.

Around the Network

I hope the PS4 recaptures the highly successful fomula of the PS2 and push towards 150 million ltd sales over 10 years. First the PS4 cracks 100 million sales within 6 years, 150 million ltd sales should follow.

Metal Gear Solid 5, God of War 4, Killzone 4, Uncharted 4, Gran Turismo 6 among other games exclusive to the PS4 should help the PS4 sell well in its first few years. There will indeed be some high selling new IPs that will help boost PS4 sales. High selling multi-platform series including Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy series, Battlefield series, Call of duty series, various sports games series will help push PS4 sales.

PS4 should match or beat the Wii/PS2 sales in its first few years on the market and push on towards reaching its 100 million and 150 million sales targets.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:

Based on the lack of information we have had on the NextBox. Very slow start to Wii U sales as consumers wait for the other systems to arrive  on the market. PS4  information has been very positive and the PS4 has specifications that the NextBox can only dream they could match. You can safely put your house on that the PS4 will comfortably outsell the NextBox and WiiU. I believe the PS4 will outsell their competitors like they did during the PS2 generation. Most consumers will want PS4 as it is the best system and has the best games. Limited information on the NextBox and the WiiU is not really selling.

My Ltd sales predictions for the three systems will be as follows:

150 million PS4

70 million NextBox

80 million WiiU. 

Anyway do you guys also believe the PS4 will outsell both Wii U and NextBox by a huge margin?

It is possible, as Sony is playing it safe they aren't pushing a new controller like Nintendo and they aren't pushing anything like Kinect or anything else new.

They are just releasing a true next-gen console focused on games. It's a safe approach, but a smart one in my opinion.

Time will tell how far that approach will get them, because Nintendo and Microsoft are coming with some new things.

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
I hope the PS4 recaptures the highly successful fomula of the PS2 and push towards 150 million ltd sales over 10 years. First the PS4 cracks 100 million sales within 6 years, 150 million ltd sales should follow.

Metal Gear Solid 5, God of War 4, Killzone 4, Uncharted 4, Gran Turismo 6 among other games exclusive to the PS4 should help the PS4 sell well in its first few years. There will indeed be some high selling new IPs that will help boost PS4 sales. High selling multi-platform series including Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy series, Battlefield series, Call of duty series, various sports games series will help push PS4 sales.

PS4 should match or beat the Wii/PS2 sales in its first few years on the market and push on towards reaching its 100 million and 150 million sales targets.

Gran Turismo 7, GT6 will be released on PS3.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
Zero999 said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

just forget it. i dont want to get into an argument about wii u and its sales because i'll just end up getting banned. its nice that some are still optimistic about the wii u but looking at its current state, i really dont see how anyone can be.

Please just explain what exactly that state is. Because what i see is a console that's new to the market with a drought period of games about to end. after holydays 2013 we will al have a better idea of how it will fare.

the wii u is selling so slow it would take like 5 years just to hit 20m sold.. not a very good state is it? why would the holidays change anything? it'll be competing with much cheaper PS3/360 with massive library of games. its a very sticky situation for nintendo.

Let me spell wii u situation for you: it's a new videogame that haven't received it's system sellers yet, it's current sales are irrelevant so come talk after the big hitters come.

And you seriously dare to ask "why would the holydays change anything"? I don't know, maybe mario 3d, mario kart, smash bros, SMT X FE, bayonetta 2, wonderfull 101, yoshi yarn, monolith X, retro project, watch dogs, batman, AC 4 + whatever unanounceds titles there are. most of those games should be released by this year's end, with some being left for 2014. 

Oh my, a new console competing with cheaper previous generation consoles that have a bigger library, I think that's the first time in history that happens. If that was a reason for a console to fail then NES would have been the last sucessfull console in the world.

The recent Xbox rumors are very very troubling. I've had bad experiences with contracts and I vow never to fall into that pitfall again. So if MS wants a Sub for my support..they can go fuck themselves in the ass with an aids dick while headbutting a knife

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi