By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Activision Boss Bobby Kotick gets an 800% raise and Analysts aren't happy

Is Bobby Kotick over paid?

Yes 200 75.76%

I dont know, I don't analyze this stuff 34 12.88%

No his pay is fine 30 11.36%

Total:264

that's exactly what the world needs.

another fat rich greedy bastard becoming fater and richer(and greedier)

Around the Network

"A corporate governance consultant has had a beef with Activision's executive pay in the past, and this doesn't make her any happier."

Apparently what she thinks means approximately.... nothing. lol

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

edit: whoops double post

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

If 20 million people are willing to buy the same game every year I don't see any reason for them to stop it. The franchise itself won't die until they produce a bad game, which won't be for awhile. CoD: Declassified doesn't count (I actually think that game outsold every game on Vita).

Activision Blizzard is the best gaming company at the moment. Man deserves a big raise!

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward = best game ever made.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Infinity_Ward

Two former employees of Infinity Ward, Jason West and Vince Zampella were locked up in a lawsuit with Activisionover unsettled royalties, which they did not receive for the sales of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Activision is also suing West and Zampella along with Electronic Arts for $400 million, for certain conspiracies which aimed to detriment Modern Warfare 2. West and Zampella are accused of helping EA with the development of rival game Battlefield: Bad Company 2, which would be a breach of their contracts with Activision. Recently, West and Zampella have added fraud charges against Activision in their counter lawsuit. As of June 2012, Activision settled all lawsuits involving former IW developers including West & Zampella.

Several other articles can prove this as well how they were not being paid or treated well and once activision saw big money they did not want to share any rights or money. The two former employees won the court case and an undisclosed amount of money.

Around the Network

I'd prefer if atleast 700% of that went to new IP funding

SxyxS said:
that's exactly what the world needs.

another fat rich greedy bastard becoming fater and richer(and greedier)

I prefer that over the many people in the world who choose to contribute nothing.

There are worse things in this world than rich people.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

most of the games activision have stuff to do with are ones I play every week, Angry Birds trilogy on the 3ds... I thank Bobby every time I take a loo break!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

64m is enough to fund development for a large game (or most of it), or multiple smaller games, and make profit. What good reason is there to support making him the 2nd highest-paid CEO, especially if you're not nearly the 2nd largest company?

Did Activision profits grow by 800%? If not, he doesn't deserve that raise. Did devs receive a raise proportional to profit growth?
What if talented devs start thinking Activision isn't the right company to work for?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!