By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What´s the scariest game of the 7th generation?

Now that the 7th generation is about 6 or 7 months away from being completely over, what game would you say is the scariest one?

Around the Network

Does Amnesia:The Dark Descent count? It's indie - but it is by the far most terrifying experience I have had in my entire life!

http://www.amnesiagame.com/

Games can and should tell stories and share ideas through their mechanics. This is the intrinsic element of the medium and this is how experiences should be crafted in video games. No company does this as well as Nintendo and their echoes from the past.
  Aurum Ring  Delano7  Ocarinahero032

Dead Space 2~ the music and the dark environment made it especially scary. Dead Space 3 didn't have the same effect due to the snow.

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Not Dead Space.

I'm not sure really, I never really found any game scary. Fallout 3 could be quite jumpy at times, and the juggernauts in MW2 made my blood pressure go off the charts.

Another vote for Amnesia.

Desktop: AMD Phenom X4 955, ATI Radeon 7950 :: Laptop: Intel i7-3532QM, ATI Radeon 7670m

Consoles: 3DS XL, PS Vita, Zelda 3DS, PS3 Super Slim, DSi, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, Wii, GameCube, PS2

Now Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Dark Souls, Fallout: New Vegas, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, Persona 4: Golden

Around the Network
pezus said:
Probably Amnesia: Dark Descent. I haven't even started the game, just the concept alone is that scary.

It pisses me off so much that this game hasn't made it to any single console. Seriously, after such a long time and after surely making a decent buck on the game they should have made a port.

Ehh... I'm gonna have to buy myself a PC some time in 2014... Ehh...

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Amnesia

Resident Evil 6

Knowing just how much someone could fuck up something I once loved terrifies me more than you could imagine. Resident Evil 6 is a game than can potentially give you mental trauma.

Flower. It's scary that a game could be so amazing.

Amnesia. Not really close either imo.

Dead Space 2 was the scariest "action" one for me. Dead Space 1 even in hardcore was too easy for me. And it just in general wasn't as scary to me like it was to most people. (Still awesome game).