By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New JRPG with art from Yoshitaka Amano and music by Nobuo Uematsu...

Tagged games:

badgenome said:
outlawauron said:

I'm going through Agarest War right now and I enjoy it. It's a bit long, but I'm still having fun (start of 3rd generation). The first Hyperdimension isn't all that great, but each sequel improved on the original by a lot.

Is it funny? That's mainly what looks appealing to me about it. Seems like the kind of thing where the console war humor could carry it through even if the gameplay is... well, typically Compile Heart.

Also, Inafune's head.

I find the humor to be very funny. It's full of witty one-liners. The battle can drag on a bit (much like the first Agarest ironically) but the system itself isn't bad.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Puh-lease

We have every reason to discredit Compile Heart. Their games are awesome on paper but the execution is just bad. Their is always glaringly bad issues with their games specifically the battles system. Once you get past the fancy animations you realize for how boring their battle systems and how long they tend to drag out. Agarest and X edge were notorious for this and the crappy Neptune games are all style no substance. On top of that they live Anime fetish world. Seriously Im tired of the art for their games.

I kinda like their games. Of course they are buggy, and kinda always the same thing, but i like their stupid humour and anime fetish style.

Plus they sell well in japan and make money for nippon ichi

Xxain said:
Puh-lease

We have every reason to discredit Compile Heart. Their games are awesome on paper but the execution is just bad. Their is always glaringly bad issues with their games specifically the battles system. Once you get past the fancy animations you realize for how boring their battle systems and how long they tend to drag out. Agarest and X edge were notorious for this and the crappy Neptune games are all style no substance. On top of that they live Anime fetish world. Seriously Im tired of the art for their games.

Agarest wasn't boring, but the game was just too long for a SRPG. That's why it felt dragged out, because it was an easy 80-100 hours.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Hmm. Interesting. I have a feeling this will be a PS3 title.

And hyped! two big names. Working in a JRPG.
The legends. I am also loling on earthbound Papas. XD

Around the Network

I saw Nobuo Uematsu and I clicked. Now I'm disappointed.

遙か外れた王道に
青葉も萌える下剋上
世界の基準破り捨て
いつもの戦友(とも)と
盛り上がる

嗚呼ガラパゴス
ガラパゴスRPG

世間基準の選評に
アンチも踊る掲示板
ライトユーザー切り捨てて
いつもの同士(とも)と
盛り上がる

嗚呼ガラパゴス
ガラパゴスRPG

嗚呼ガラパゴス
ガラパゴスRPG

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/07/neptunia-team-developing-fairy-fencer-f-for-playstation-3/

"Fairy Fencer F"; PS3; developed by the Neptunia team.

Hmm...

Final Fantasy artist and composer... worked for Square Enix... made Bravely Default Flying Fairy... Fairy Fencer F... Final Fantasy... RPG...

Final Fantasy Bravely Default Fairy Fencer F confirmed.

Kind of looks like a more waifu-oriented Tales... I am a little disappointed here!