By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New JRPG with art from Yoshitaka Amano and music by Nobuo Uematsu...

Tagged games:

are you serious?????????? now i'm curious. that's an odd combination, those two big sounding names and compile heart =D should be interesting

Around the Network
rutea7 said:
are you serious?????????? now i'm curious. that's an odd combination, those two big sounding names and compile heart =D should be interesting

I have a mad hope that maybe - just maybe! - the reason they hired those two is that they want to make a somewhat serious, classic JRPG that is a fist in Square-Enix's stupid face. I don't know if Compile Heart is up to it, but the teaser certainly looks different than anything else they've made.

The news going through Famitsu is worrying, I have a bad feeling about this. Any Compile Heart work reveal is traditionally for Dengeki, I hope they aren't backstabbing people around by changing sides.

badgenome said:
rutea7 said:

I have a mad hope that maybe - just maybe! - the reason they hired those two is that they want to make a somewhat serious, classic JRPG that is a fist in Square-Enix's stupid face. I don't know if Compile Heart is up to it, but the teaser certainly looks different than anything else they've made.

yes it looks kind of grimm. this is actually the best time for jrpg developers to step up and tell former SE fans "we've got what you want"

People hating too much on Compile Heart.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:

Only because Cross Edge gave me AIDS.

badgenome said:
outlawauron said:

Only because Cross Edge gave me AIDS.

Have you played any of their other games?

outlawauron said:

Just a little of Record of Agarest War, which wasn't offensively bad but I couldn't really get into it. I'm intrigued by Hyperdimension Neptunia but haven't been able to bring myself to bite.

badgenome said:
outlawauron said:

Just a little of Record of Agarest War, which wasn't offensively bad but I couldn't really get into it. I'm intrigued by Hyperdimension Neptunia but haven't been able to bring myself to bite.

I'm going through Agarest War right now and I enjoy it. It's a bit long, but I'm still having fun (start of 3rd generation). The first Hyperdimension isn't all that great, but each sequel improved on the original by a lot.

outlawauron said:

I'm going through Agarest War right now and I enjoy it. It's a bit long, but I'm still having fun (start of 3rd generation). The first Hyperdimension isn't all that great, but each sequel improved on the original by a lot.

Is it funny? That's mainly what looks appealing to me about it. Seems like the kind of thing where the console war humor could carry it through even if the gameplay is... well, typically Compile Heart.

Also, Inafune's head.