By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you a "Hardcore gamer"?

Do you think farts are funny?

Yes 43 39.81%

No 31 28.70%

*lets one rip* what do you think? 20 18.52%

See results 14 12.96%

Total:108

Nope, I'm neither a core gamer or a hard core gamer. I don't even know if I'm a gamer ^^ I simply enjoy playing games on occasion, just like I like watching a movie now and then, or read a book, or watch a series or how I like listening to music.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Welp lets see, I've been gaming for 20 + years, and play games several hours a week, yet I love Call of Duty, NSMB, Guitar Hero, and Wii Sports. Does that make me casual? ;)

or maybe.. a hardcore casual? 

I don't play Call of Duty so I must not be one :P

I do not see myself as a 'hardcore' gamer. I prefer to think of myself as a gaming enthusiast. I enjoy playing video games as a hobby and pastime, as well as following the gaming industry in terms of developments, trends, sales, etc.

When people use the term 'hardcore' gamer I think of the people who play mainly the popular games of the moment, are more interested in competition than necessarily having fun, and would most likely not play video games at all if they were not as popular as they are. I am open to my interpretations being wrong of course (if I am getting incorrect information or allowing a personal bias to seep in than my conclusions would probably be wrong) but I feel that the majority of people who play games like Halo, COD, etc. are like this.

I on the other hand try (key word there, I do not always succeed) I try to be open minded about my gaming, play games because they are fun for me regardless of genre, system, maker, etc. I have been gaming since I was ~4 (I am now 23) and have owned quite a few different consoles and try to play as many games that interest me as I can. My time for gaming waxes and wanes but is usually what I would consider a large time investment.

Systems Currently Playing: WiiU, PS3, 3DS

Also Have: Atari 2600, NES, SNES, PS1, N64, PS2, Wii, GB, GBC, GBA, DSLite, DSi, Android (RazorMax), iPhone (4), iPad (2)

I don't play games on the daily basis. Unless I have a new game to play otherwise I'm just casualty playing older games or watching shows on Netlfix. I guess I'm neither?

Around the Network

I'm a gamer.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

hmm, well I suppose I am. I buy 1 game a month, and sometimes I do try to get all the achievements in games if I know they are easy to get. However, I do play Kinect games occasionally and really enjoy them so maybe I'm not?

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

hardcore gamer is the one that takes video games and make them part of his life.
people looking for VG news, VG videos in the internet are hardcore.
people joining several VG related web sites to post and comment about a topic are harcore
people wishing all year for the E3 week are hardcore
people bashing everything at the E3 week are hardocre
we are hardcore...

meh i dont play many games....... ;D

im a gamer, i like all kinda of games and systems by different companies since atari. i guess thats "core" but i would identify myself better with just being a gamer. just from gaming for years of course comes knowledge of games, plus the mags back then like nintendo power, gamepro, etc, and now the net. hell i still have the battletoads nintendo power on the shelf i ran across a few days ago when i was getting rid of stuff. i did keep it of course.

Nah, don't feel like one.