By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 56 - Super Smash Brothers Melee Mafia Day 1!

Linkzmax said:
Which do you prefer, FF?

I voted Astro, and I've stood by that, but I am slightly concerned about the company over here (e.g. when you pointed out astro hadn't voted). 

By my count, currently it's 4 votes for Stefl and 3 for Astro.  If I'm not mistaken, Night is going to fall before too long.  I can live with lynching Stefl, and I think I'd rather not risk lynching nobody. 

New Vote: 
Unvote
Vote Stefl

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Votecount 2.4:

Stefl1504 (5): Linkzmax, Supermario128, spurgeonryan, astrogamer, Final-Fan

Astrogamer (1): Bong Lover

Not Voting (2): Stefl1504, benao

A lynch has been reached!

supermario128 said:
Nacho, are double lynches allowed if two players both have 50%?

They are not. First player to reach majority is the lynch.

Nana was the first to fall. She was always looking at her older brother's back, and when times got tough, she knew that eventually she would have to sacrifice herself so that he could survive, so that the Ice Climbers legacy wouldn't die out completely. This moment came when they turned on Nana and her brother; they came in an unstoppable swarm, and eventually, Nana simply wasn't able to run anymore.

"Brother..."

"Nana, no!" Popo stopped immediately, knowing immediately what was in Nana's mind. He remembered what their father had told them long ago, but he didn't want to lose her now. There was still a chance they could escape together; they had climbed mountains that people claimed that professionals wouldn't even bother attempting, they fought the albatross, they completed so many challenges together that it was almost impossible for Popo to imagine life without her. But with the look in Nana's eyes, Popo knew that there was no use arguing. Either he would listen to his sister, or he would betray his family and both would die on the spot. Popo cursed underneath his breath. His sister stared at them with that look in her face.

"Jump." Popo jumped in the air, yanking his bungee cord to bring his sister with him. She flew up a short distance, then yanked the bungee cord with all of her strength. Popo went soaring though the air as his sister crashed to the ground, withdrawing her hammer for a final stand. Tears flew from Popo's cheek as he flew, the world beneath him changed from the bloody battleground to what would be his new home. 

He cracked his head on the ground, screaming out in pain. They thought that they could rise from an unfair position, but it wasn't their time quite yet... And their brashness has cost Popo his sister and his sister her life. He would come back, he would avenge her... he would show them what a solo Ice Climber would do. Grabbing his throbbing head and his hammer, Popo whispered a prayer under his breath and headed into the woods.

Meanwhile, his sister was on her last stock. She knew that she meant to be a meatshield for her brother, the chosen one. She would simply fade away without him, so it was useless to put her life over his... She made sure he got away, but still, her end felt lonely. It felt... cold. Maybe they made a mistake going for power and missed that the most important thing they had was their companionship... She hoped her brother would be okay.

Stel1504 (Ice Climbers), Mafia Roleblocker, lynched Day 2!

I'm travelling a bit, so please get all remaining challenges in within 15 hours (3 PM EST). If you do not turn a challenge or ability in by that time, you don't submit one. You will have until I wake up to submit responses, which is probably going to be something like 9:00 AM EST. If you don't submit a response by that deadline, you automatically lose that challenge.

It was Final Destination, and Falco found his target. He would prove to himself and to Fox that his cockiness was for nothing; he was the best, not Fox. But this would take the utmost level of concentration, the perfect attack, the perfect timing, and no interruptions. He knew that he didn't have long to live, especially with the beating he took the night before...

Captain Falcon flew at Fox, who let loose a bit of an arrogant grin of his own. He had no intention of fighting tonight, but he certainly wasn't going to be touched tonight either. Captain Falcon chased him to edge of the stage, where Fox panicked a little bit and made a bad roll. Captain Falcon prepped the people's elbow, smiling a bit. He was the fastest in the game; this little animal had nothing on his crazy skills. He let the elbow loose, but didn't feel that satisfying crack as his elbow broke tiny animal bones. Fox smiled behind him.

Sheik was camping at the other end of the stage, as per the usual. She was paranoid someone, somewhere was watching her, and it made her uncomfortable. But all she needed was her charged needles, and she was sure that she could handle anything. But first, she had to take care of this intruder, whose presence she suddenly felt behind her. Sheik figured based on current speed, the intruder would reach her in four seconds or so. The object was too large to be a projectile, so clearly it meant to strike her. She would disappear the moment they were supposed to reach her, then dispose of them when the resulting explosion put them in the air. But her thoughts were distracted by a melody, a soothing melody... It was so beautiful, Sheik couldn't help but let her guard down. She let sleep take her away, just for a moment, as Jiggypuff grabbed the ledge again.

Marth stood waiting for his rival. He knew that they had to be coming, but he would swat them all away. He would become king of this place; nothing would stand in his way. He let a small laugh escape. Surely no one would expect him to wait so patiently when it was taking the offensive that was important...

Meanwhile, Peach stood waiting. Her loyal servant Toad stood by her side, waiting for her to do something. But she kept whistling as she laid out a picnic. Was she no longer afraid of a threat?

It was time. Marth sensed something coming behind him, and he immediately struck out against it. The laser faded out as the blade reflected it, and Marth felt something else coming down from below. He cursed aloud as Falco Lombardi's feet came crashing down on his head, and a blue energy launched him up into the air. Falco smiled as he watched his prey tumble, immediately flying into the air to strike him again. Marth tumbled, powerless, praying for someone to intervene.

Captain Falcon waited for Fox to do something, anything, as he stood frozen with his perfectly executed People's Elbow stuck out in front of him like a blade. He didn't have time to kick behind him or turn around and grab Fox; he knew that animal would destroy him if he moved an inch. His only option was to run, but not until the momentum stopped carrying him forward. But the blow never came, and Captain Falcon ran as fast as he could away from danger, wasting precious seconds to look behind him and see what mistake his opponent had committed. But Fox was transfixed on something else.

"It's over, Marth." Falco hovered above the fallen king, prepping himself to finish him off.

"What are you talking about? I still have time. You'll make a mistake eventually... and when you do, I won't let you escape."

Falco smiled. "Look below you."

Marth looked at the endless abyss below him; he had allowed himself to drift too far over the edge. Then, Falco's feet hit him again and he went falling down, down... he struggled to regain control, he fought for the edge... He cut the air in front of him, aiming to cut that pink balloon right off the ledge he needed to survive, but couldn't reach. His hand grabbed the air in front of him desperately, and he fell into the unforgiving darkness.

"Popo... Nana... we... failed."

Marth, Mafia Godfather, killed Night 2!

Around the Network

Game over already! Thoughts and awards coming in 10 minutes or so.

WTF!

What were your night actions, and what happened?

I was Fox, town, don't know who challenged me in the first night, but we tied. I use a special power to avoid being challenged on second night, that explains nacho's story. Besides that, I didn't used any more powers. What happened?

First off, here are roles:
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/FUtUvTmKyyL

Night 1 Actions:
Spurge uses Toad
Bong challenged Astro w/Recover (loses a stock since Astro uses Edgeguard)
Astro Smashes Spurge (loses a stock due to Toad)
Final-Fan No Actions
Benao No Actions
Linkz challenges Astro (roleblocked)
Stefl roleblocks Linkz
Mario challenges Benao w/Ken Combo, Recover (ties since Astro also uses Recover)

Night 2 Actions:
Final-Fan charges needles
Linkz challenges Benao w/Smash
Benao uses Illusion
Spurge No Actions
Mario uses Counter
Astrogamer uses Pillar on Mario
Bong uses Sing on Final-Fan

Interesting set-up, would've been nice to have a longer game. O.o I could've died night 1!

Good job town. Mafia was underpowered. :P

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089