By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Next-generation Xbox to possibly be called Xbox Infinite

Xbox Infinity?.....UNSC infinity?.....Nextbox to be so advanced that it will have forunner technology confirmed!!!!!!!

Around the Network

Sounds good to me.

As I read this, there is an advert for BT Infinity at the bottom... weird. The name fits I guess, Ouroborus would fit too.

Hmm, pie.

Porcupine_I said:
last generation of XBOX confirmed

This. Or if they want to make another console after it, they'll have to drop the XBox name altogether.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

If the console underperforms or is plagued by similar hardware failures as the 360, we'll see the word "infinite" being used in ways quite imaginative.

anyway, I dig the logo. The name not so much, what would be the abbreviation? XI, Xinf?

Around the Network

Finally a good rumored name for the next Xbox! I like it. As to where to go from there, I'd say that could name the 4th XBox, the Xbox Beyond as a reference to "To infinity and beyond!".

Signature goes here!

FrancisNobleman said:
If the console underperforms or is plagued by similar hardware failures as the 360, we'll see the word "infinite" being used in ways quite imaginative.

anyway, I dig the logo. The name not so much, what would be the abbreviation? XI, Xinf?

I think the abbreviation MS is trying to go for is just Xbox. They want to have the brand represented by that name only. I think thats why they are calling everything just Xbox music, Xbox videos etc.

TheLastStarFighter said:
Xfinity for short.

Off the top of your head? Genius.

Xbox Infinity sounds better than 8 and a tonne better than the 720, (which I doubt was considered really...)

That would be cool, and I really like the logo...but anyone with Photoshop could've made that and posted it up. :p

I just hope they aren't seriously going to pull an Apple and just call it "the new Xbox." It's a new console and deserves an actual name.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

walsufnir said:
AbbathTheGrim said:
J_Allard said:
I like the rumored name of just plain old Xbox.

"hey lets play some Xbox".

It's kind of already the mainstream gaming term in the US, now it would just be the official name.

It's always all about the US, isn't it?

I like the word "infinity".

It's also what Germans say.

Of course not. It must go something like: "something German something German something German something German Xbox".

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1