By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Next-generation Xbox to possibly be called Xbox Infinite

Could this be the logo and name of the next-generation Xbox? Photo: Reddit
Patrick O'Rourke
Published: April 24, 2013, 4:00 pm
Updated: 4 mins ago

Today, Microsoft finally acknowledged that their next-generation Xbox actually exists by giving it a May 21 press conference reveal date.

Now, if this Reddit user’s recent post is to be believed, the console’s new logo and name might have just been leaked as well. It seem the next-generation Xbox, previously code named Durango, could be called Xbox Infinite or possibly Xbox Infinity.

The leak hasn’t been substantiated by Microsoft or reported by any major gaming websites. So make of this leaked logo and name what you will.

It was just posted to Reddit at around 3:30 pm Wednesday.

The May 21st event will be streamed live around the world via Xbox.com, Xbox LIVE and broadcast on Spike TV in the U.S. and Canada.

What do you think? Is this the legitimate name and logo of the next-generation Xbox?

Follow me on Twitter: @Patrick_ORourke.

Around the Network

Cool, sounds like a sexy name! Much better than 720, or Nextbox.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

The name rulz. That eight converted into infinite...I don't like the logo xD

I'm not sure if I really like the name or not but I like the logo and the motto, it's catchy.

I like this name better

http://i.imgur.com/j5bXgkN.jpg

Something...Something...Games...Something

Around the Network

The only problem I see with that is how would they improve upon the name. Any name for a Xbox system after that would seem inferior.

So Windows 8... i mean infinity ;)

Infinity is an ok name. Im oldschool Xbox 3 would have been ok for me... but they wouldnt do that as it would have lost out in the numbers stakes with the PS"4"

I like Xbox 8 better but I could live with Infinity

Xfinity for short.

If it doesn't explicitly say "Infinite" on the logo, many people won't know what to call it.