By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21

Expect Next gen COD reveal at the event. The timing is perfect.

Around the Network

#XboxReveal

On Tuesday May 21 st, we’ll mark the beginning of a new generation of games, TV and entertainment.
On that day, we’ll be holding a special press event on the Xbox campus and we invite you to join us via the live global stream that will be available on
Xbox.com , Xbox LIVE and broadcast on Spike TV if
you are in the US or Canada.

On that day, we’ll share our vision for Xbox, and
give you a real taste of the future. Then, 19-days
later at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in
Los Angeles, we’ll continue the conversation and
showcase our full lineup of blockbuster games.

We are thrilled to pull back the curtain and reveal
what we’ve been working on.

A New Generation Revealed
Xbox Campus, Redmond WA
Tuesday, May 21st @ 1p ET/10a PT/17:00 GMT

Follow me on Twitter where I’ll share updates
leading up to the event.

@majornelson

Wow I had such an off news day and decided to go to my 360 and Watch some Music videos but Youtube was having problems so the first time in months that I actually browse to XBOX.com it just stands right infront of me. A black Picture with some White text. To even Think that I would get to know this from MS own site and not from theverge or vgchartz or whatever is just unbelievable!

annnnndd OT: This is going to be one hell of a show, MS I am counting on you!

About damn time. Can't wait to see how it stacks up against the PS4.(I have a pretty good idea but getting confirmation is always nice)

Bristow9091 said:

I'm calling it now:

12GB GDDR5 RAM
6 CORE AMD Phenom 3.2ghz CPU
32x Bluray Drive
Kinect 2.0 - Ever seen Iron Man?
Controller looks like N64 but with an extra stick, as well as 22 extra buttons:
C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, Z

Open to bets.

---

But seriously, I reckon it's gonna' be more powerful than the PS4... just got this feeling that they'll be like "Derp, we has more money, money = more powerful console!"... or something like that anyway.

Would anyone like to make a bet about this? That it'll be more powerful than the PS4 in specs?

Can it be more powerful than the PS4? Sure, but it would push the release to 2014. We've seen the specs and there can't be any major changes to the design. Any changes will be trivial. 

Around the Network

Temperatures just rose 1 celcius

kowenicki said:
VGKing said:
About damn time. Can't wait to see how it stacks up against the PS4.(I have a pretty good idea but getting confirmation is always nice)

please... go on... be brave.

Well we have a pretty good idea on the specs based on all the VgLeaks leaks. Vgleaks even leaked the May 21st reveal here http://www.vgleaks.com/rumor-durango-reveal-due-21st-may-price-500-or-300-with-or-without-a-mandatory-subscription/

Yep, I saw the email come in about that.

should've sent the invites next week

My internet is ready!

It's just that simple.