By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21

Looking forward to seeing what they have in store.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
Sweet. Will stream it live.

Like, I totally hope they show some games.

I'm hoping 343i will have cooked something technically impressive like Guerrila did for the PS4.

ryuzaki57 said:
What time does this make in Europe?

Central europen time is at 19:00(7 PM) GMT is at 18:00(6 PM)  Eastern time is at 13:00(1 PM) and the Pacific time(Seattle) is at 10:00(10 AM)

Hynad said:
kowenicki said:
VGKing said:
Am I the only one who thinks the TV stream is a bad idea? It means they're going to try to put up a show. A console revealing isn't supposed to be entertainment, its supposed to be informative. We want specs, we want game announcements and we want to know what makes this different from the competition.

So please Microsoft, keep this as press conference-y as possible. Keep the showbiz stuff out of it. We don't need to see Usher performing his latest single.

For pity sake.

I doubt anyone else had even thought of it... but now.....

Its a BRILLIANT idea.  Its called marketing.  They may even show us a console... not guaranteed... but you never know.

Seriously... You care about singers doing their brain-numbing pop crap during such events? O_o

Maybe it's marketing... Yeah. But the audience they're targetting with that kind of empty fillers isn't on the majority side, I'd wager. All flash, no substance.

What has no substance is VGKing bashing Microsoft over an assumption that being on TV equals Usher performing at the event. However if Sony was on TV we would see 100 threads about how Sony has changed their ways and how much money they are putting into the PS4.

For once can we stop the bull shit. That dude derails more Xbox threads than anyone on this site and continues to get away with it.

Next he is going to start bashing the event time, the color of the eventations, and I know no matter how many games Microsoft shows they would have needed to show just one more to be enough for him.

User was banned for this post - Kantor

MB1025 said:
Hynad said:
kowenicki said:
VGKing said:
Am I the only one who thinks the TV stream is a bad idea? It means they're going to try to put up a show. A console revealing isn't supposed to be entertainment, its supposed to be informative. We want specs, we want game announcements and we want to know what makes this different from the competition.

So please Microsoft, keep this as press conference-y as possible. Keep the showbiz stuff out of it. We don't need to see Usher performing his latest single.

For pity sake.

Its a BRILLIANT idea.  Its called marketing.  They may even show us a console... not guaranteed... but you never know.

Seriously... You care about singers doing their brain-numbing pop crap during such events? O_o

Maybe it's marketing... Yeah. But the audience they're targetting with that kind of empty fillers isn't on the majority side, I'd wager. All flash, no substance.

What has no substance is VGKing bashing Microsoft over an assumption that being on TV equals Usher performing at the event. However if Sony was on TV we would see 100 threads about how Sony has changed their ways and how much money they are putting into the PS4.

For once can we stop the bull shit. That dude derails more Xbox threads than anyone on this site and continues to get away with it.

Next he is going to start bashing the event time, the color of the eventations, and I know no matter how many games Microsoft shows they would have needed to show just one more to be enough for him.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
kowenicki said:
VGKing said:

For pity sake.

Maybe it's marketing... Yeah. But the audience they're targetting with that kind of empty fillers isn't on the majority side, I'd wager. Those kind of segments are all flash, no substance to me.

Well Spike TV isn't your normal CBS, NBC, ABC or shit whatever channel it is from my understanding more hardcore(Gametrailers.com) besides they always stream MS's Xbox conference(2 years straight now on E3)

MB1025 said:
Hynad said:
kowenicki said:
VGKing said:

For pity sake.

Yeah, you have a point about him. But that isn't what I'm questioning here. My comment is directly targetting Kowen's. 

hasonap said:
Hynad said:
kowenicki said:
VGKing said:

For pity sake.

Maybe it's marketing... Yeah. But the audience they're targetting with that kind of empty fillers isn't on the majority side, I'd wager. Those kind of segments are all flash, no substance to me.

Well Spike TV isn't your normal CBS, NBC, ABC or shit whatever channel it is from my understanding more hardcore(Gametrailers.com) besides they always stream MS's Xbox conference(2 years straight now on E3)

Ok... And what does it have to do with anything? MS is the one creating the event. Spike is only broadcasting it. VGKing's... issue with the idea of broadcasting the event on TV is that because of the nature of the TV audience, the show will most likely include those cringe-worthy segments with trashy pop stars or completely out of place cirque du soleil stunts... -__-

I think the question is why not invite somebody that has a very broad audience to attend another one and bring in more views?

kowenicki said:
Hynad said:
kowenicki said:
VGKing said:

For pity sake.

No I dont... bit it isnt a negative if they get the content out too.

Unless someone wants it to be a negative that is.

and I was only messing with you about the console reveal... but the perrson above saying they dont even need to show it at E3 is kidding themselves.  That would be a very bad idea.

Nah, I know you were just poking fun Kowen. That's why I used a "

I agree about E3. Everything that's left to be revealed about the console needs to be shown at E3.