By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21

It was Paul Thurrott and Tom Warren that said Microsoft was planning a May 21st reveal.

Around the Network
Hynad said:
JayWood2010 said:

very bad idea.

I assume you are talking about me.  And fair enough.  Everything left out of these presentations from MSFT and Sony should be shown at E3.  Completely agree.  What I was saying is it is not the most important thing either.  Software>Hardware in my opinion.  People complained about Sony not showing the PS4 at the conference and while I understand the complaints it really wasnt that big of a deal either. Advertising  to the bigger market will be more important than anything they do at the pre-E3 conferences.  

The truth is, I realised they didn't show the console only when I started thinking about it once the conference was over. During the conference, it didn't even crossed my mind. I think it mostly due to the tight pace of the conference. The focus they had was pretty spot on. I hope Microsoft wil do something as informative as Sony's.

I'll admit that I did want to see the PS4 but I can wait for E3 as well.  Im just glad they showed some games and announced the PS4.  It was a very informative announcement and there wasn't really anything to complain about.  Hopefully MSFT has an informative conference as well. 

Does anybody know what are MS's first party studios up to specifically? We all know they are working on next gen projects but does anyone know or have a clue of what they're working on exactly? They're pretty secretive...

Turned on my Xbox 360 and got the message =D. Also got a call from someone who is invited and wants to take me with her :).

Lostplanet22 said:
Turned on my Xbox 360 and got the message =D. Also got a call from someone who is invited and wants to take me with her :).

No-brainer. Call sick, or whatever. Just go!

Just pray that you won't get your ears hemorrhaging from over-exposition to pop debility. ( )

Around the Network

yes! finally! all the questions will be answered finally!

Counting down the days already!! Cannot wait!!

Quick and to the point conference will be best, 1.5 hours max:

Shown console, controller and camera.

Show off the OS, some apps, one exclusive game and one E3 teaser. Confirm Destiny, Witcher 3, Battlefield 4 etc, tell us the specs and thank us for coming, see you at E3.

No cringe-worthy lenghty nonsense about how developers should love it or anything like that.

kowenicki said:
VGKing said:
Am I the only one who thinks the TV stream is a bad idea? It means they're going to try to put up a show. A console revealing isn't supposed to be entertainment, its supposed to be informative. We want specs, we want game announcements and we want to know what makes this different from the competition.

So please Microsoft, keep this as press conference-y as possible. Keep the showbiz stuff out of it. We don't need to see Usher performing his latest single.

For pity sake.

I doubt anyone else had even thought of it... but now.....

Its a BRILLIANT idea.  Its called marketing.  They may even show us a console... not guaranteed... but you never know.

You know, watching the PS4 conference, I never once thought "where is the box!?" It never even crossed my mind. Only once the media started bitching about it did I notice that they didn't show it. Why? Because it doesn't matter. I'm not going to hold this thing in my hands, I"m not going to stare it all day. It's probably the least importatnt part of a new console. Specs and Games take priority.

MB1025 said:
Hynad said:
kowenicki said:
VGKing said:
Am I the only one who thinks the TV stream is a bad idea? It means they're going to try to put up a show. A console revealing isn't supposed to be entertainment, its supposed to be informative. We want specs, we want game announcements and we want to know what makes this different from the competition.

So please Microsoft, keep this as press conference-y as possible. Keep the showbiz stuff out of it. We don't need to see Usher performing his latest single.

For pity sake.

I doubt anyone else had even thought of it... but now.....

Its a BRILLIANT idea.  Its called marketing.  They may even show us a console... not guaranteed... but you never know.

Seriously... You care about singers doing their brain-numbing pop crap during such events? O_o

Maybe it's marketing... Yeah. But the audience they're targetting with that kind of empty fillers isn't on the majority side, I'd wager. All flash, no substance.

What has no substance is VGKing bashing Microsoft over an assumption that being on TV equals Usher performing at the event. However if Sony was on TV we would see 100 threads about how Sony has changed their ways and how much money they are putting into the PS4.

For once can we stop the bull shit. That dude derails more Xbox threads than anyone on this site and continues to get away with it.

Next he is going to start bashing the event time, the color of the eventations, and I know no matter how many games Microsoft shows they would have needed to show just one more to be enough for him.

I'm allowed to express my opinions no matter what people like you think. It's called freedom of speech. I'm not derailing anything, if anything you are. Reported.