By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21

richardhutnik said:
VGKing said:
Am I the only one who thinks the TV stream is a bad idea? It means they're going to try to put up a show. A console revealing isn't supposed to be entertainment, its supposed to be informative. We want specs, we want game announcements and we want to know what makes this different from the competition.

So please Microsoft, keep this as press conference-y as possible. Keep the showbiz stuff out of it. We don't need to see Usher performing his latest single.

Everything now is a show, meant to capture and promote and market.  It is meant to excite and get people pumped, and promise the future.  Failure to do this ends up meaning failure to capture mindshare.

Hopefully the conference is strictly gamer focused. Not saying they shouldn't talk apps and services though.

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
"FAQ: If you miss the LIVE stream of the May 21st event, it will be available via Video On Demand on the console later that day"

Cool!!!

Thanks for the info.

VGKing said:

Hopefully the conference is strictly gamer focused. Not saying they shouldn't talk apps and services though.

i think it won't since it's the reveal of the console and they will talk about the future of the console and what they want to achieve with it as a whole. and apps/movies/music is simply a part of this xbox and will be a huge part of the next xbox. otherwise they wouldn't talk about what xbox customers expect. most xbox customers don't expect only games on the console, they are also interested in the rest. maybe those who are not even xbox customers  want to hear only about games or a few core gamers in interent forums who have an xbox but most "standard customers" care about the whole package. i would also care about it if i could use it lol.

Excitement level is through the roof. I'm much more excited for the next Xbox announcement than the PS4 announcement.

I want to see their games, everything else can wait. Microsoft is only giving themselves a two week window to gain buzz until E3 and that could be either good or bad. Can't wait though!

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
These reveals have generated more excitement than most things I've experienced in the last 8 years.

I could make a sex joke...but I won't

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

S.T.A.G.E. said:

I want to see their games, everything else can wait. Microsoft is only giving themselves a two week window to gain buzz until E3 and that could be either good or bad.

I thought the invitation said this was to show an overview of the future of gaming entertainment and TV while E3 was where they'll show most of the games?  I could have read that wrong on IGN though.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I want to see their games, everything else can wait. Microsoft is only giving themselves a two week window to gain buzz until E3 and that could be either good or bad.

I thought the invitation said this was to show an overview of the future of gaming entertainment and TV while E3 was where they'll show most of the games?  I could have read that wrong on IGN though.

It is.  Games are for e3.  They may show some, but the main focus is on hardware and the structure of software.  Not games.

Sweet! Let's get this party started then. I feel the guns from Microsoft will be big, so I can't wait.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

platformmaster918 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

If I was Microsoft I would've shown the entertainment features at least a week ago and yes left it to E3 to show the games. They are waiting so long its looking like the PS4 really had them back reeling for ideas. I hope they kill it, despite what people think of me I've always hoped Microsoft kills it. Sad part is they don't, but its a new gen.