By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Next Xbox Reveal Set For May 21

where is the hype people? when the ps4 date was announced people went crazy and a billion threads were made. the forums exploded. come on people you can be hyped more than this!

Around the Network
crissindahouse said:

this thread is already starting to be a mess and it's only a thread about the date of reveal, not to imagine how it will be on 21st may when people can complain about every little thing even when they already know for years that they won't buy a nextbox...

Have you seen the Gamespot comments? Have you seen, hell, Microsoft's facebook page?

I think the world is going to implode this holiday.

It's just that simple.

bananaking21 said:
where is the hype people? when the ps4 date was announced people went crazy and a billion threads were made. the forums exploded. come on people you can be hyped more than this!

I didn't know this site had that many XBox fans.

It's just that simple.

Just to briefly discuss the fiasco in this thread:

There is no rule saying that only Microsoft fans can post in Microsoft Discussion. There is no rule saying that everyone here has to be positive about everything Microsoft does all the time. There is a fairly clear line between reasonable opinion and mindless bashing, and nobody here is crossing that line.

And even if they were, a forum thread with its own topic is really not the place to be discussing such things. Report, PM the user in question if you like, move on, and discuss the actual topic of this thread.

Speaking of which, I think it's a very good idea to be televising the initial announcement: Sony have a few months' head start on them, and they need to get the word about the next Xbox out as quickly as possible, not just to dedicated enthusiasts who will watch online livestreams, but to the larger gaming population. I still think, however, that waiting this long was something of a mistake, especially with the negative rumours (always online, no used games) that have been swirling around.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

bananaking21 said:

We can't be hyped if the only thread about NextBox ends up with several Xbox fans banned, you know :/ 

And that's not a coincidence. There will be some sleuthing regarding this!

Around the Network
MonstaMack said:
bananaking21 said:

I didn't know this site had that many XBox fans.

it doesnt have a lot but it has enough. but heck im a big sony fan and i never touched the xbox and im still feeling excited. its a new gen and you never know i might want to buy it! heck when i knew this was real news and not just another rumor i got excited

Wright said:
bananaking21 said:

We can't be hyped if the only thread about NextBox ends up with several Xbox fans banned, you know :/ 

i havent read the thread. i didnt even open it at first thinking it was just another "report" but then i read an article and knew it was the real deal. if some xbox fans got banned its their fault, though that doesnt mean people cant be excited 

MonstaMack said:
crissindahouse said:

this thread is already starting to be a mess and it's only a thread about the date of reveal, not to imagine how it will be on 21st may when people can complain about every little thing even when they already know for years that they won't buy a nextbox...

Have you seen the Gamespot comments? Have you seen, hell, Microsoft's facebook page?

I think the world is going to implode this holiday.

no i haven't, vgchartz is the only english gaming website i'm posting at (or reading user comments), i use websites like ign only to read articles but yeah, i can imagine it...

bananaking21 said:
Wright said:
bananaking21 said:

i havent read the thread. i didnt even open it at first thinking it was just another "report" but then i read an article and knew it was the real deal. if some xbox fans got banned its their fault, though that doesnt mean people cant be excited 

I am excited. I am not excited to see some people getting banned because of nonsense. Not the 100% of the cases are because of the banned itself.

Kantor said:

Just to briefly discuss the fiasco in this thread:

There is no rule saying that only Microsoft fans can post in Microsoft Discussion. There is no rule saying that everyone here has to be positive about everything Microsoft does all the time. There is a fairly clear line between reasonable opinion and mindless bashing, and nobody here is crossing that line.

And even if they were, a forum thread with its own topic is really not the place to be discussing such things. Report, PM the user in question if you like, move on, and discuss the actual topic of this thread.

Speaking of which, I think it's a very good idea to be televising the initial announcement: Sony have a few months' head start on them, and they need to get the word about the next Xbox out as quickly as possible, not just to dedicated enthusiasts who will watch online livestreams, but to the larger gaming population. I still think, however, that waiting this long was something of a mistake, especially with the negative rumours (always online, no used games) that have been swirling around.

Thank You. 

Regarding the next Xbox has anyone seen this rumor about it being a Windows 8 device? http://www.examiner.com/article/report-next-xbox-os-based-on-windows-8-core Yay or Nay?