By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Goodbye DS, you were close. DS production stops

JazzB1987 said:
ryuzaki57 said:

PS2 is the absolute King of gaming!!!!!!!

With like 40? million defective Phats? (disk read error)  I mean I dont know any person that still has a working Phat. And I know like 50 people that had one.  And before the Slim was out they already sold like 80-100 million phats.

so when saying 40 million died it its actually quite a nice thing to say  at least when I talk about my experience (all phats I ever saw in my entire life died)

I must admit you have a point here (my fat died too, it was such a horrible day...)

Around the Network

what do you guys mean by almost? the ds outsold the ps2 and it took 4 years less.

JazzB1987 said:
ryuzaki57 said:

PS2 is the absolute King of gaming!!!!!!!

With like 40? million defective Phats? (disk read error)  I mean I dont know any person that still has a working Phat. And I know like 50 people that had one.  And before the Slim was out they already sold like 80-100 million phats.

so when saying 40 million died it its actually quite a nice thing to say  at least when I talk about my experience (all phats I ever saw in my entire life died)

xD

Plus there is still tons of DSes out there.  So the battle is not over yet  ;)

P.S.  Every 3ds has a DS (micro) inside (DS mode with all the hardware and even DS Software)

I remember a Capcom guy (Mikami?) saying Sony made PS2 easy to break on purpose to sell more sw. That was back in the GC exclusivity days though.

Fairwell DS, Best game system ever!!! So many good games that you still find hidden quality titles all the time. The only thing ds lacked was fighting games, imagine if nintendo had released a full 2d smash brothers for it.

Some people here didn't read enough comments it seems or only the sensationalistic thread-title (change of thread title in order?).

DS isn't actually discontinued, they just didn't give a forecast for it. Some Sony people jumped the gun that's all.

Around the Network

Nobody knows for sure, but it really seems that the DS actually surpassed PS2 sales. It stills keep selling good outside Europe/Japan/USA (specially due to R4 piracy).

Now... there´s something wrong here. The financial report doesn´t say anywhere that the production is stopping. It just doesn´t show a forecast of sales for the DS. The title of this thread is tottally misleading and I just can assume that this is just another "I hate Nintendo" thread

Viper1 said:
Kyuubi Ricky SSJ2 said:

From the European PR of the results briefing:

"Nintendo will continue to sell Nintendo DS Hardware but is not revealing a unit sales forecast at this time."

This is what I was going to say as well.

Nintendo will still produce and sell the DS.  They simply haven't given a specific sales projection for it.   They sold 2.3 million last year.   No reason in the world to suddenly stop production when you're still selling millions.

If that's the case then this whole thread is a waste of time.

So I'll be locking this thread now, as it's become a battle ground for the console war faithful. Good job guys, I'm sure your favorite companies are sending you a badge of console war courage as we speak. *salutes*

So yes, locking for misinformation and overall crappy discussion. ^_^

/poor mood

DS sold more even by Sony's official numbers.