By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy Versus XIII on PS4 and PS3

ethomaz said:
irstupid said:
Any cut content is not due to 360

It is due to rushing FF13 to market because investors would be getting pissed at Square for not releasing it mainstream FF game soon enough.

Any statement showing otherwise is pure lying from someone Square

The game was already finished in 2008 for PS3... your assumption makes no sense.

MS paid Square Enix to have the same release date and the same version... Square Enix choose to cut content and downgrade graphics.

Oh yea, sure it was.

So you mean a game was 100% complete and they had to take a year to port it to another console.  And this required them to remoe a shit ton of content.

Sure.  How about we look at Rayman Legends.  THAT WAS completed.  Then they had to port it and during this port they ADD 30 some levels to the game.  I'm sorry but if you believe that FF13 was 100% complete for PS3 and it took a year to port and this porting was so hard they had to remove a shit ton of content, then you are insanely gullable.

Around the Network
osed125 said:

Imo it's a mistake to release this game on the PS3 if Sony wants the PS4 to take off very early. Most FF fans (who already have a PS3) will not see any reason to buy a new console when they can play the same on their PS3. Having the game exclusive to the PS4 will make so many FF fans get the new console almost no matter the price.

Also if the rumors are true and the dev cost are so high, it's very risky to not release this game on the 360, this is where Sony's moneyhatting comes I guess.

Yeah i think adoption to PS4 will be very slow, when there's so many big budget games coming to the current gen this late. GTA V, Metal Gear Solid V and Final Fantasy Versus XIII and some others all at the end of a gaming generation. It's just madness. 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

irstupid said:

Oh yea, sure it was.

So you mean a game was 100% complete and they had to take a year to port it to another console.  And this required them to remoe a shit ton of content.

Sure.  How about we look at Rayman Legends.  THAT WAS completed.  Then they had to port it and during this port they ADD 30 some levels to the game.  I'm sorry but if you believe that FF13 was 100% complete for PS3 and it took a year to port and this porting was so hard they had to remove a shit ton of content, then you are insanely gullable.

That was what happened... the content was cut more due the DVD limitations.

ethomaz said:
irstupid said:

Oh yea, sure it was.

Source?

Hynad said:
ethomaz said:
NiKKoM said:
NiKKoM said:
Which FF13 demo is that? Cause I have the japanese "Trail Edition" that came with Advent Childeren , but it doesn't look like that what ethomaz posted.. and that was the first playable demo build by SE for FF13

"Interestingly, no playable data on the game existed before the demo was created, despite the late stage in development" http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XIII_Demo

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/tech-analysis-final-fantasy-xiii-article

Found a demo vs retail comparison of ff13 ps3.. Which shows no difference.. So from which playable demo are those pictures from as the trail edition is the first playable ff13 ever made..

Playable demo at E3... not released in PSN/Live.

They made only one demo. The one released with Advent Children (the same that was playable at E3). Which I have. And the final game looks much more polished. Especially the lighting.

I don't even think there was a playable e3 demo:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2009/09/08/pre-tgs-09-hands-on-with-final-fantasy-xiii

"The last two events I attended (E3 and Gamescom) both had Final Fantasy XIII sessions, but neither session was playable. This was the first time I had played the game since my initial impressions of the Advent Children Blu-ray demo, so it was great to finally get my hands on the controller again. "

and at e3 2008 was the FF13 for 360 announcement.. so  probably those images are from a trailer..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
irstupid said:

Oh yea, sure it was.

Both Final Fantasy VIII and IX were 4 discs and the PC version of VII was 4 discs.  There is no reason to think that Square couldn't have just added a 4th disc to the 360 version.

They can't be stopped...

Hynad said:

Source?

Again? I already showed a interview with Kitase saying itself lol... other links... images... etc.

ethomaz said:
Original Demo version for PS3.

The final game after the downgrade.

EPIC WIN!!!

found it... you were comparing the e3 2006 cgi trailer with the final product.. lol.. I was going crazy think my demo was f*cked up cause I spend a lot of money on a crappy movie to get that demo

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

osed125 said:

Imo it's a mistake to release this game on the PS3 if Sony wants the PS4 to take off very early. Most FF fans (who already have a PS3) will not see any reason to buy a new console when they can play the same on their PS3. Having the game exclusive to the PS4 will make so many FF fans get the new console almost no matter the price.

Also if the rumors are true and the dev cost are so high, it's very risky to not release this game on the 360, this is where Sony's moneyhatting comes I guess.

I disagree, ignoring the install base of PS3 would be stupid. Besides, not all of the fans would upgrade for just one game. I wouldn't get a PS4 just for FF.

NiKKoM said:
ethomaz said:
Original Demo version for PS3.

The final game after the downgrade.

EPIC WIN!!!

found it... you were comparing the e3 2006 cgi trailer with the final product.. lol.. I was going crazy think my demo was f*cked up cause I spend a lot of money on a crappy movie to get that demo

Yeah, they also had:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkk3Q8ou4uA

A lot changed between E3 2006 and release December 2009.

They can't be stopped...