By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy Versus XIII on PS4 and PS3

the2real4mafol said:
Thats if the game ever comes out

FF Verses XIII will never see the light of day.

It'll come back as FFXV or FF Verses :)

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
bonkers555 said:

As much as I don't get along with DigitalDevilSummoner here on this site, I agree with him here. How could you discuss about a game content without even playing it.

Sorry? Removed content... nobody played it.

No. You were caught in a lie and to stubborn to admit to it. Everyone here already prove you were wrong from the get go but you decide to argue in circle for 10 pages and then we realize you never play the game. WTF?! 

its this is true and its a ps3/ps4 exclusive. its gonna be a megaton. will get on ps4!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
bonkers555 said:

No. You were caught in a lie and to stubborn to admit to it. Everyone here already prove you were wrong from the get go but you decide to argue in circle for 10 pages and then we realize you never play the game. WTF?!

Ok. Fine.

Now explain for me what a hell removed content, downgraded graphcis and delayed launch have anything to do if I played or not the game? In case I played it... just not enought to finish.

Boutros said:
Actually FFXIII did not suck so there goes all y'all theories!

I approve this message.

Around the Network
hinch said:
the2real4mafol said:
Thats if the game ever comes out

FF Verses XIII will never see the light of day.

It'll come back as FFXV or FF Verses :)

I really hope when they announce it, they tell us an exact release date. Not bullshit like soon/be excited or whatever else.

osed125 said:
benao87 said:
osed125 said:

Imo it's a mistake to release this game on the PS3 if Sony wants the PS4 to take off very early. Most FF fans (who already have a PS3) will not see any reason to buy a new console when they can play the same on their PS3. Having the game exclusive to the PS4 will make so many FF fans get the new console almost no matter the price.

Also if the rumors are true and the dev cost are so high, it's very risky to not release this game on the 360, this is where Sony's moneyhatting comes I guess.

I disagree, ignoring the install base of PS3 would be stupid. Besides, not all of the fans would upgrade for just one game. I wouldn't get a PS4 just for FF.

Oh I agree that financially it makes complete sense to release the game on the PS3. But if Sony really wants the PS4 to take off at the very beginning nothing is better than a main FF game, especially one that gamers have wanted for many years.  

SE is not in a position to take risks. And Sony does not have the moneyz to subsidize it. PS3/PS4 is the most reasonable way to go.

Speaking of reasonable, pity that DigitalDevilSummoner got banned. Someone had to say it, he paid the price, but ethomaz kept talking :(

ethomaz said:
bonkers555 said:

Ok. Fine.

Now explain for me what a hell removed content, downgraded graphcis and delayed launch have anything to do if I played or not the game? In case I played it... just not enought to finish.

Explain what? You claim it to be the worst FF game ever without even playing it. You claim that the there was removed content which you blame it on the 360 and everyone else on this thread prove you wrong. Best of all, the people who prove you wrong are mostly Sony fans.

Again, I'm not going derail this thread for another 10 pages with nonsense.

PS4 version it is then ...

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

ethomaz said:
bonkers555 said:

Ok. Fine.

Take out all quotes or outside information from the directors and producers...

If you had played the game, you would realize that the content doesn't fit the game.  You go from cutscene to cutscene for 25 to 30 hours with no options.  The game has a linear path with no hidden dungeons, minimal branching paths all of which are dead ends, very obvious treasure chests, no sidequests, no minigames (outside of one mandatory one during Chapter 4 and a single optional one near the end of Chapter 8), you don't even have the ability to choose your party members, you can't backtrack, there are no NPCs, there are no traditional shops, there are no traditional towns, there are no optional party members, you have level caps, grinding is heavily discouraged, and you are forced to use the characters the game tells you.  This was a conscious decision.  Freedom and optional content was not what they had in mind for the first 10 chapters.  This is why they said "content volume concerns".  They wanted a very controlled experience.  

If you knew anything about the development of the game, you'd know there was massive miscommunications within the team.  People were creating assets for ideas long since cut.  People were rendering cutscenes to story bits that had been changed ten times over by that point.  They didn't even have the battle system set till the Advent Children Demo.

Kitase and Toriyama call Final Fantasy XIII an "Interactive Movie RPG".  They wanted a linear, movie like experience.  The content you speak of was cut enable to accomplish this.

They can't be stopped...