By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Doing something different. Let's try tearing apart the games that we love.

Wind Waker: I love that game to death, but in some of the most dangerous sections of the game, you could lie your controller down and not die. Pitifully easy. It becomes much much harder to die than to live towards the end of the game.

Around the Network

edit:

oops sorry wrong thread. To make up for it

inFamous 2: Fuck the somewhat transformed look of Cole...stupid fans bitched about the change in design so much and we got stuck with this smh

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
woah here's a nice surprise

To a question about NFS Most Wanted vita vs Wii U J harker said this

"As for the above nfsu question, the vita versiom has like 100k on Wii u, Hell it outsold it this month too"

Wrong thread?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

Wrong thread?

god damnit! I blame the migraine! Sorry dude I will edit it out

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Ni No Kuni. I enjoyed the game quite a bit (just beat it last night actually) but.....

It was far too easy and the story was incredibly predictable even by stereotypical JRPG standards. I was also a bit disappointed with the music, a battle theme should not end and restart, ever. Sometimes the enemy just had a buttload of health and I was ill-prepared (no MP restoring items etc), so I had to slog through the battle instead of losing (couldn't run either). If that had happened in any other JRPG, slogging through wouldn't be an option, you would simply get annihilated if you aren't prepared. The vast majority of the battles were "press X to win" with occasional defense and healing, but one of the other party members usually took care of that without any input from me. Not to mention the crazy number of fetch quests peppered throughout the game.

Don't get me wrong, it is a good game and I enjoy playing it (will probably play more tonight even) but seriously, it has some issues.

I might think of some other titles later, but that one is most prominent. I too disliked the Triforce Quest stuff in WW, but that only happened because of time constraints. Two (or more?) dungeons were removed to release the game on time.....so hopefully they add them back in for the remake. Even Miyamoto and Aonuma said they hated that fetch quest, haha.

Around the Network
Rafux said:

Here goes mine: MGS4 was a cash grab and Kojima obviously didn't wanted to do it, Snake lost all the spark and ideals he had in Sons of Liberty and the story felt like a cop out because Kojima was forced to "answer" all the questions.

I still love the game, Kojima did what he could with what he had, he was almost forced to do it.

I disagree with this.I think the story was fine and the character evolved into a grumpy, old, suicidal man. I don't believe he wanted to make a game though. Which is why you find very little actual gameplay.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mass Effect 3. I don't love that game, I hate it for ruining an IP I once loved.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Silent Hill 2 .......... can't do it; no flaws whatsoever.

Deus Ex Human Revolution : Boss fights are awful Metal Gear Solid-esque experiences (ugh if you are going to rip off a game at least rip off a good one and not MGS). The game also has some of the ugliest pre-rendered cutscenes ever in a video game ... I think the Gamecube could produce better scenes. The in game graphic cutcenes were fine though. The DLC really needed to be just added to the game imo. I didn't mind payingthe $15 extra, but it just felt like it was cut last minute.

Mr Puggsly said:
Rafux said:

Here goes mine: MGS4 was a cash grab and Kojima obviously didn't wanted to do it, Snake lost all the spark and ideals he had in Sons of Liberty and the story felt like a cop out because Kojima was forced to "answer" all the questions.

I still love the game, Kojima did what he could with what he had, he was almost forced to do it.

I disagree with this.I think the story was fine and the character evolved into a grumpy, old, suicidal man. I don't believe he wanted to make a game though. Which is why you find very little actual gameplay.

The problem for me with the story was that it had to close all the loose ends and answer everything, it couldn't escape the canon, like Vamp for example which I just assume was an actual vampire was revealed to be just a nanomachine experiment, "ok that works, let's move on with the next loose end" (thats Kojima in my head). I loved Snake in Sons of Liberty he had passion, he had matured as a person and he fought for what he believed, then in MGS4 one of the first things he says is "I'm just an old killer hired to do some wet work" and I can guess thats how Kojima felt about making MGS4. Story was just ok.

i was born playing metroid nes, and when nothing materialized on 64, Metroid Prime made the bad thoughts go away. But not all. How in the fuck did they come up with a double jump?!? Whats wrong with a high jump? You are supposed to release the button early if you want a short jump. Not press it twice if you want a long jump! Who ever changed it should be dragged in the street by the back of their collar and give a sobbing apology. You cant just let me jump you gotta make me time it again and again! Why! Other than that I wish it required 5 missles to open red doors. It really pisses me off because it makes a door feel like a missle is a key.. You should have to blow the fuck out of it! And serious, I love the control scheme. Commendable the way nintendo tried to be different. Thats cool. But is it too much to ask for an optional control scheme to let the right thumb stick move the camera? I know it would have helped sales and gave it more replay value.. For fucks sake just make it a reward for finishing the game! The beam comment from crazyman was excellent btw..