By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Doing something different. Let's try tearing apart the games that we love.

Hey fellow chartz members, I'm tired of hearing how so-and-so game was "SOO GOOT" and MINDBLOWING.

So as a fun little idea and a different way of looking at things, lets rip our favorite games a new one.

EXHIBIT A: Wind Waker

Never mind that it was cel-shaded, but the true detriment to Wind waker has always been 2 things. Sailing and the Triforce Quest.

Pacing of sailing in Wind Waker was horrible. Decent for the 1st 2 major Islands or so but then you have to go alll the way to Greatfish Isles only to find nothing there and then go alll the way back to Outset Island.  And after that, it's trivialized by Ballad of the Gales in the main story, really after that point in the game you sail to look for sidequests (and the dreaded, dreaded triforce quest). It was just tedious and dull.

Triforce quest-the section of the game that made me quit 10 years ago. I don't know what Nintendo was thinking with this one. So much wrong with this that I don't know where to begin with this. 8 shards that are located all around the map, forcing you to go and get bigger wallet sizes and more rupees just to complete the quest. Obvious filler, and prevented a lot of people from progressing. Tingle overcharged and and then you had to do all these other sidequests for the rupees and the shards. Worst part of the game.

-NO THANK YOU

Smaller things: Tetra is an awesome character, full of spunk and helping Link every step of the way, and then BAM! She goes Zelda and does nothing for the rest of the game until the final battle. Can't get over how she was shelved during the middle like that. Picto Box limitations prevented me from using it entirely. The "stealth" part near the beginning of the game when you're just getting used to sword combat and controls and they throw you into one of the hardest parts of the game.

These mother*******. WONG WONG WONG WONG.

More to come soon.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

Will do-Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, Kid Icarus Uprising, Skyward Sword, Okami.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Metroid Prime is my God

But those dam Chozo Artifacts really broke the pacing near the end (was worse in MP2, MP3 did it right)

Beam balance was pretty poor, Plasma just overpowers. Wave Beam's and Plasma Beam's Super Missile were pretty weak for how many missiles they consumed.

Also the Cloaked Drone on Hard Mode was a bitch. Mostly because there was no save point anywhere near him, and you had to fight many waves of Trooper Pirates before him.

And those dam Chozo Ghosts.......

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

Skyrim .... prior to patch. Too fucking buggy.

Post patch. Not enough bugs, or at least, none of the fun ones like backward flying dragons while game breaking ones remain.

Here goes mine: MGS4 was a cash grab and Kojima obviously didn't wanted to do it, Snake lost all the spark and ideals he had in Sons of Liberty and the story felt like a cop out because Kojima was forced to "answer" all the questions.

I still love the game, Kojima did what he could with what he had, he was almost forced to do it.

Around the Network
Rafux said:
Here goes mine: MGS4 was a cash grab and Kojima obviously didn't wanted to do it, Snake lost all the spark and ideals he had in Sons of Liberty and the story felt like a cop out because Kojima was forced to "answer" all the questions.

I still love the game, Kojima did what he could with what he had, he was almost forced to do it.

I can totally agree with the story.

For the OP I had no problem with Sailing. I really enjoyed it. But I agree with the Triforce fetch quest being meh.

_crazy_man_ said:
For the OP I had no problem with Sailing. I really enjoyed it. But I agree with the Triforce fetch quest being meh.

Noooo we're supposed to bash it!

Mine will be a very summarized and short take on things so hope you don't mind. Just a few examples

Uncharted 3: Enemies..or rather the main villains. Weak presence overall and their stories aren't told well to us
KZ3: Such an amazing story and setting couldn't have been told to us any worse than this...I'm being harsh here i know but ffs GG games...you have such an amazing universe here with KZ. Don't let me down with KZ SF
Valkyria Chronicles: Fuck that laughter....yea that's it

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Otakumegane said:
_crazy_man_ said:

Noooo we're supposed to bash it!

O I've bashed alright.  Look at my Prime rants!