By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LOL! IGN New No Mores Heroes score, with Editors' Choice Award now.

I just love the game. Buy it if you do not already have it. And do not use the, "I will when I get a Wii" excuse either. Just buy it right now. Without thinking. Let me brainwash you. Buy the game now! Without thinking. Let me brainwash you. Buy the game now! Without thinking. Let me brainwash you. Buy the game now! Without thinking. Let me brainwash you. Buy the game now! Without thinking. Let me brainwash you. Buy the game now! Without thinking. Let me brainwash you. Buy the game now! Without thinking. Let me brainwash you. Buy the game now! Without thinking. Let me brainwash you. Buy the game now!

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Around the Network
Griffin said:
If this game gets a 8.9 the GTA4 should get a 12.

Yes, i have played both games too..and i agree with this statement

It could be a case of difference of preferences, but it seems a big gap for sister sites imo.

Griffin said:
If this game gets a 8.9 the GTA4 should get a 12.

That GTA battle system better be way improved then... I know it's improved but the question is by how much.

That was the biggest problem with the PS2 versions.

Then again you could say that was the point, making the combat system so shoddy you'd avoid it on purpose.

Of course that's also why I don't think you can compare these games.

GTA is focused around stealing, and other crimes, while No More Heroes is all about killing.

People complain that Travis can't steal a car, but honestly i don't think Travis WOULD steal a car.

He really does seem more the type of person to make money he needs through odd jobs rather then stealing it.  He seems rather hoenst and honorable.  He just likes killing people and is a weird anime obsessed pervert.

A better comparison to both in my opinion would be "The Warriors" which has a Metacritic average of 85... and has a lot in common with both games.

The Warriors I think actually holds up well to both the PS2 GTAs and No More Heroes.

IGN UK is near France
Ubi-Soft is based in France
No more Heroes was published by Ubi-Soft

I can smell a conspiracy.

Around the Network
viewtiful_jon said:
IGN UK is near France
Ubi-Soft is based in France
No more Heroes was published by Ubi-Soft

I can smell a conspiracy.

I agree.  I bet they threatened them by Cow Catapult.

I think it's good that there is some variation among the reviewers. Having the same score across all reviewers just lowers their credibility I think. Mind you, when there's a big enough difference you have to wonder what the deal is, but I don't think a difference of 1.1 is enough to warrent panic. Mind you, I did think IGN's original score of 7.8 seemed a little overly harsh.

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.

Wow, glad I am not a mod. I would have pulled out the ban hammer for this topic. IGN UK, IGN USA, and IGN AU often have differences in there scores from the same game. Machina-AX, I beat the game in about 14 or 15 hours and you can use your clear data to run through the game again. Although I didn't unlock everything, personally I find the game to be a blast. Some of the mini games do blow but the good thing about using your clear game data is you can run through the fun side missions. The best mission to build up money once you unlock it, is the mission in which you kill as many enemies as you can in 3 minutes. You get $1500 per kill and you will bank between 100 to 150k easy.

Two different people = two different opinions and personal rating schemes.

Just take and average and assume the game is around 8.5. It should be a good game.

It's a great game. First one I've had the patience to sit down and finish in a LONG time.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks