By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tetsuya Nomura address Versus XIII on radio

Tagged games:

Can't wait for an annoucement for a new final fantasy music cd.. Maybe even a concert..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

They need to step up their game, so much time and manpower wasted on "A Realm Reborn" :/

KHlover said:
They need to step up their game, so much time and manpower wasted on "A Realm Reborn" :/

The whole attitude behind that comes down to, "We need to MAKE them like it!"

Soleron said:
KHlover said:

I'm pretty sure "A Realm Reborn" will bomb hard...like FFXIV and any other MMO developed in the last 2-3 years. MMO's are out and Square Enix needs to accept that. Time to move on...

pezus said:
KHlover said:
Soleron said:
KHlover said:

I'm pretty sure "A Realm Reborn" will bomb hard...like FFXIV and any other MMO developed in the last 2-3 years. MMO's are out and Square Enix needs to accept that. Time to move on...

MMOs aren't out, they just need the right formula. WoW, GW2 and Eve for example are all thriving very well as far as I know. F2P seems to be the way to go for new MMOs these days though

WoW is actually falling hard right now, I think it went from ~11-12Mil Uses to ~6-7Mil users in the time from 2011 - now. GW2 and EVE are exceptions. Just look at Rift, The Secret World, Star Wars: TOR, Star Treck Online, Final Fantasy XIV etc...they all went either offline or F2P.

Around the Network

they need to bring A Realm Reborn to the PS4, i would happily spend my time on that

Good to know the title is still in existence. Sounds like we'll see it at e3.

Lol @khlover
WoW is a ten year old game.
Mmos are not out. We are just getting very low quality mmos.
Titan will be huge, realm reborn will be large.

E3...it needs to be E3...enough with the bullshit and fuckery Square!

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

This is not accurate, but it's how I view the JRPG situation this gen.

Namco-Bandai this gen:

Eternal Sonata
Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
Tales of Vesperia
Tales of Graces
Ni no Kuni
Tales of Xillia
And so on.

Squeenix:

Remake
Remake
Please be patient,
Remake
Remake
A Final Fantasy so linear it makes Call of Duty look like an open world game + it's two spinoffs.
Remake
Please be excited
Remake.

Edit: Forgot the MMORPG that was so bad they shut it down to rebuild it.

Jesus wept.