By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Four Rumored Xbox Next Launch Titles

lol is this site stuck in 2011,picked up an super old(and 0% become real) rumor

http://www.itechpost.com/articles/7878/20130415/ps4-xbox-720-wearable-controller-motion-controlled-mmo.htm

Around the Network

AAA is a games budget not Metacritic score.

J_Allard said:
LOL @ the idea that Forza Horizon is a "AAA" game but Twisted Metal or PS All-Stars are not.

You do know Twisted Metal started off as a $15 PSN game right?

Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:

How do you know if a movie is a blockbuster? Yes, box office numbers are important but so are the actors, the script and director. Go see a movie on the Syfy channel and you'll see the difference.

It's the same for games. AAA games are instantly recognizable. Budget isn't the only thing that makes Forza AAA. It has high production values and it is an overall high quality game. Reviews even agree that it is a good game as it its in the mid 80s.

Homefront is a AAA title that failed to sell well but apprently well enough to warrant a sequel. The game is AAA, or at the very least very close to it. 

So no, PSABR, Twisted Metal and LBP Karting aren't AAA titles. Not even close. Just because a game flops, it doesnt' mean it isn't AAA. Haze and Heavenly Sword are 2 examples of this. I don't know how much simpler I can put this for you. 

block·bust·er  

/ˈbläkˌbəstər/
Noun
  1. A thing of great power or size, in particular.
  2. A movie, book, or other product that is a great commercial success.

According to that a blockbuster is just success. So maybe a blockbuster and AAA game aren't the same thing.

Homefront underwhelmed in sales and critical reception. It turned out to be a low quality game and short game. Yet you still consider it Triple A? The line clearly gets blurry.

You could probably make it more simple for me. Since you haven't really proved anything.

Homefront was marketed as a AAA title. It was going up against Call of Duty and Battlefield. No, blockbuster and AAA are not the same thing but they are similar. Blockbuster applies more to movies than games. 

What separates PSN games from retail games? Have you ever heard of a psn game that is "AAA'? There are none. PSN games don't have high production values,t hey don't have high budgets and they don't have millions of dollars in marketing to support them. Uncharted 3 has high quality voice acting, good script, high production values, high budget, lots of marketing....etc. Even if the game flopped it would still be a AAA game.

Twisted Metal = High-budget PSN-like game at best.
Starhawk = Mediocre new IP.
PSABR = More like a high-budget PSN game. It is not "AAA" material for a variety of obvious reasons. Play the game and you can tel its cheap. Menus are bland, story sequences are very low-quality and the biggest, most important characters didn't make th cut. Why? Budget. The game had a very limited budget.

VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:

How do you know if a movie is a blockbuster? Yes, box office numbers are important but so are the actors, the script and director. Go see a movie on the Syfy channel and you'll see the difference.

It's the same for games. AAA games are instantly recognizable. Budget isn't the only thing that makes Forza AAA. It has high production values and it is an overall high quality game. Reviews even agree that it is a good game as it its in the mid 80s.

Homefront is a AAA title that failed to sell well but apprently well enough to warrant a sequel. The game is AAA, or at the very least very close to it. 

So no, PSABR, Twisted Metal and LBP Karting aren't AAA titles. Not even close. Just because a game flops, it doesnt' mean it isn't AAA. Haze and Heavenly Sword are 2 examples of this. I don't know how much simpler I can put this for you. 

block·bust·er  

/ˈbläkˌbəstər/
Noun

According to that a blockbuster is just success. So maybe a blockbuster and AAA game aren't the same thing.

Homefront underwhelmed in sales and critical reception. It turned out to be a low quality game and short game. Yet you still consider it Triple A? The line clearly gets blurry.

You could probably make it more simple for me. Since you haven't really proved anything.

Homefront was marketed as a AAA title. It was going up against Call of Duty and Battlefield. No, blockbuster and AAA are not the same thing but they are similar. Blockbuster applies more to movies than games. 

What separates PSN games from retail games? Have you ever heard of a psn game that is "AAA'? There are none. PSN games don't have high production values,t hey don't have high budgets and they don't have millions of dollars in marketing to support them. Uncharted 3 has high quality voice acting, good script, high production values, high budget, lots of marketing....etc. Even if the game flopped it would still be a AAA game.

PSABR = More like a high-budget PSN game. It is not "AAA" material for a variety of obvious reasons. Play the game and you can tel its cheap. Menus are bland, story sequences are very low-quality and the biggest, most important characters didn't make th cut. Why? Budget. The game had a very limited budget.

Blockbuster applies to games as well. Blockbuster was used to describe games even back in the 90s.

It doesn't matter what Homefront was going against, it was a pretty mediocre game and was treated as such.

Forza Horizon doesn't have quality voice acting or a quality script. It looks great but its recycling resources from Forza 4. We don't know if it had a higher budget than those Sony games questioned. I don't feel Forza Horizon had a lot of marketing, it had hype because people enjoy the series though.

Twisted Metal is far higher quality than PSN games and more money was pumped into it to make a retail release. You don't know what the final PSN release was going to be so quit calling it a PSN-like game.

Starhawk has high production values. So if we're gonna call Homefront a Triple A game than Starhawk should be considered.

Once again, you call PSABR a PSN like game in spite of it being much high quality than 99% of PSN games. It seems to you there is no mid-tier games, its either Triple A or PSN like.

LBP Karts seems like a quality game. It even got marketing! But I imagine that's PSN like game to you as well?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
VGKing said:
J_Allard said:
LOL @ the idea that Forza Horizon is a "AAA" game but Twisted Metal or PS All-Stars are not.

You do know Twisted Metal started off as a $15 PSN game right?

And where did it end up? It sure got more marketing and a bigger push than any PSN title I know of.

Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:

block·bust·er  

/ˈbläkˌbəstər/
Noun

Blockbuster applies to games as well. Blockbuster was used to describe games even back in the 90s.

It doesn't matter what Homefront was going against, it was a pretty mediocre game and was treated as such.

Forza Horizon doesn't have quality voice acting or a quality script. It looks great but its recycling resources from Forza 4. We don't know if it had a higher budget than those Sony games questioned. I don't feel Forza Horizon had a lot of marketing, it had hype because people enjoy the series though.

Twisted Metal is far higher quality than PSN games and more money was pumped into it to make a retail release. You don't know what the final PSN release was going to be so quit calling it a PSN-like game.

Starhawk has high production values. So if we're gonna call Homefront a Triple A game than Starhawk should be considered.

Once again, you call PSABR a PSN like game in spite of it being much high quality than 99% of PSN games. It seems to you there is no mid-tier games, its either Triple A or PSN like.

LBP Karts seems like a quality game. It even got marketing! But I imagine that's PSN like game to you as well?

Homefront is one of those gams that can be either or. It's really just personal preference on this one. Did you play it?

Uh...there are mid-tier games. Those are exactly what these are. That's what I mean by 'PSN-like". Mediocre, not worth $60, not system sellers. 

LBP Karing is a great game. I'm sure some people enjoyed it. It's obviously not a AAA game.

This conversation on the AAA seems to have derailed this thread. I only think King is the person who is saying that a Spin off game Forza Horizon is a AAA game. Who else believe spin off games are considered by gamers, publishers and media as AAA. If we go by budget which is general used to describe a AAA game because of home much resources a publishers put into the game, I am sure its nowhere close to Forza 4.

I am sure even Bungie would not consider remade Halo combat evolved a AAA game just because it has the Halo tag or even Halo ODST since it was a direct spin off with a much smaller team and budget.

Anyway, I believe everyone can agree to disagree with king and leave it at that.

VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:
Mr Puggsly said:
VGKing said:

block·bust·er  

/ˈbläkˌbəstər/
Noun

Homefront is one of those gams that can be either or. It's really just personal preference on this one. Did you play it?

Uh...there are mid-tier games. Those are exactly what these are. That's what I mean by 'PSN-like". Mediocre, not worth $60, not system sellers. 

LBP Karing is a great game. I'm sure some people enjoyed it. It's obviously not a AAA game.

Mid-tier games can be system sellers. One day I'll tell you a story about the Kinect or some Nintendo games.

If LBP Karting isn't triple A i'm not sure why Forza Horizon is.

Also, I just remembered Forza is acutally a top selling exclusive. I mean even without bundling Forza 3 and 4 out performed Killzone 2/3, Resistance 2/3, Infamous 1/2, Alan Wake, Crackdown,  Motorstorm games, etc. So again, back to your original question. They keep making Forza games because they do pretty damn well compared to most games.

But lets end on AAA is a blurry line. Lets not pretend either of us know exactly what it is.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

Mid-tier games can be system sellers. One day I'll tell you a story about the Kinect or some Nintendo games.

If LBP Karting isn't triple A i'm not sure why Forza Horizon is.

Also, I just remembered Forza is acutally a top selling exclusive. I mean even without bundling Forza 3 and 4 out performed Killzone 2/3, Resistance 2/3, Infamous 1/2, Alan Wake, Crackdown,  Motorstorm games, etc. So again, back to your original question. They keep making Forza games because they do pretty damn well compared to most games.

But lets end on AAA is a blurry line. Lets not pretend either of us know exactly what it is.

Your whole argument is that because Forza Horizon is a spin-off its not AAA.  You're saying because it didn't sell as well as the other Forza games that it's not AAA. You're wrong.

LBP Karting is so far from being a AAA game. It's not even in the same league as Forza Horizon. Why you would even bring that game up I don't even know. 

Here's a definition I found on what makes a AAA game.

A AAA game, or pronounced "triple-A game", is generally a title developed by a large studio, funded by a massive budget.

These games will have a marketing budget in the multiple-millions of dollars, and are planned to earn out in excess of one million titles sold. Investors/publishers expect a multiple-of-cost return on their investment. In order to recoup general development costs, publishers will generally produce the title for the major platforms (currently Xbox 360, PS3, and PC) to maximize profits, unless it is a console exclusive, in which case the console maker will pay for exclusivity to offset the loss of potential profit to the developer.

Now, the racing genre isn't what it used to be, so based on its sales I fully expect that the game sold within expectations and was profitable.

You brought up games like LBP Karting....do you think Sony expected sales in the millions for this? No.