By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Present and Future of Xbox 360 Sales in Japan by Thibje.

It would have to average about 8.5k a week to reach 1m in 08'.

I just don't see that happening.

Around the Network

hmm, how about we bet some other time. because then it gets into DMC launch and I bet a major boost it will have on xbox's number (5K-6K)

but during the summer month, I have no doubt you will see sub 4K numbers. probably not as low as 2K, but low 3K shouldn't be a surprise.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Mini Update

* Sales of DMC4 are wrong for the first week I will edit it with the next update. It has to be 47k.

* Release date of Idolm@ster is 28/02.
* NFS Prostreet changed release date to 3/19.

[

“Sales won't drop under 4.000 units sold per week in 2008.“
I think they will, there are only few titles left that japanese people really like and don't forget the summer.

DCM 4 on Xbox 360 in Japan will suffer because the game is release on a same day on the PlayStation 3, but we will see in the near future.

The X360 won't hit 1m by EOY 2008.

Best case scenario would put the X360 @ 300k for the year. More realilistically it'll do less - I figure 250k.

Tracking against last year, the X360 is doing pretty bad - it's about 10-15% ahead of 2006, but well behind 2007.

However, the huge advantage is a MUCH better March through September:

Ninja Gaiden 2
Infinite Undiscovery
Last Remnant

For the major mid-year titles. This is huge compared with Oblivon and Trusty Bell, since Tecmo has seemed to do very well on the X360. Not only this, but if GTAIV does indeed cause a price drop for the West - we could see NG2 cause a price drop in Japan. It could wind up allowing the X360 to hit 10k-15k that week, or more.

The X360 can, and will drop below 4k this year. The big question is how low - last year, it managed to stay just above 2,000 units on any given week. Could it be lower? higher?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

@mrstickball

Last Remnants effect will be nil because of the Ps3 version...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

>we could see NG2 cause a price drop in Japan.

hmm, have you seen NGB's sale number in Japan? 70K in its lifetime will NOT do anything to the console's hardware.

and honestly, Sony can easily drop its price (and probably will) this year and have 10 times the effect of any xbox price job.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

Got to agree with the others that there's no way the 360 will make 1million in 2008. I think M$ should just pull out of Japan and focus on their flagging sales in Europe. (Between Sony and Nintendo, especially nintendo, M$ is dead in Japan)

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

Microsoft pulling out of Japan is not an option... Quite simply the market is import and although it is not foreigner friendly Microsoft of all companies can figure out how to crack it. It won't be this generation though. Unless they find some must have titles for the Japan market that are exclusives.

They have been experimenting with marketing techniques in Japan. Some are succeeding most are failing. They just have to keep trying.

As for 1 Million by the end of '08... I am an optimist not a miracle believer... To make 1 Million by the end of 08 there would have to be some major things happen. And if they do PS3 will be dead... Which I don't see happening.

Retrasado said:
Got to agree with the others that there's no way the 360 will make 1million in 2008. I think M$ should just pull out of Japan and focus on their flagging sales in Europe. (Between Sony and Nintendo, especially nintendo, M$ is dead in Japan)

Yeah, and they should just roll over and just give up the whole console thing...

Seriously why even bother if they're not going to be #1..

Oh, and they should have a massive recall and exchange every 360 for a PS3

/sarcasm

If the 360 hadn't improved over the original xbox, then yeah MS should pack in their bags... but its not the case

MS isn't going to win over Japan this generation, but if they want to win it next then they have to keep trying.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)