By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - UPDATE! vgleaks: Microsoft Xbox Roadmap (2013) - possible bc, online not required, used games allowed

I'm sick of rumors. I just wanna know the thruth.

Plus, all the rumors are aither black or white. It can't be everything either good or bad!

Around the Network
Laurel Aitken said:

Plus, all the rumors are aither black or white. It can't be everything either good or bad!

No, that's just a reading issue :) If you look carefully, many rumors before were true but not for NextBox - we didn't have the whole picture but this leak is definitely helping.

All this stacking and combining two consoles into one makes me think about the craziest idea Nintendo had with N64 or SEGA with its consoles a bit earlier. None of these was successful, but we're gonna see what MS does. Anyway, the only thing I'm interested from MS is a regular X360 that reads DVDs and costs around 99 Euro with, lets say, around 32 GB of storage on board. I won't need more.

Oh, free Live would be the other thing, but that won't happen :D Too many Americans are willing to pay for something that should be free.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

The difference with Nintend/Sega and Microsoft is the Xbox Mini just isn't an attachment to play your physical copy 360 games on the 720. It is there to function as an Apple TV/Roku that also can play 360/XBLA games. If you as the consumer wants to have everything on the 720 than you can buy the 720 and Mini. If not just keep your older 360 around.

You just can't compare the 2 situations.

I wonder if the Durango can do everything the Mini 360 can do in regards to multimedia and apps. I hope MS is not trying to get everyone to buy 2 consoles to get the full experience.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
I wonder if the Durango can do everything the Mini 360 can do in regards to multimedia and apps. I hope MS is not trying to get everyone to buy 2 consoles to get the full experience.

According to the leaks it can.

walsufnir said:
Laurel Aitken said:

No, that's just a reading issue :) If you look carefully, many rumors before were true but not for NextBox - we didn't have the whole picture but this leak is definitely helping.

And what if this leak is false???

Thruth is: we don't know anything, and we won't know until MS releases all the info

I believe it is everthing true, also, I believe the bad rumors have been planted by MS juts to these cool new features would look even cooler.
It will be a tough time for Nintendo and Sony indeed. As always, all I want, is for all the three companies to survive and profit, and gaming to move on, better and better with each year.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

MB1025 said:
The difference with Nintend/Sega and Microsoft is the Xbox Mini just isn't an attachment to play your physical copy 360 games on the 720. It is there to function as an Apple TV/Roku that also can play 360/XBLA games. If you as the consumer wants to have everything on the 720 than you can buy the 720 and Mini. If not just keep your older 360 around.

Yes I can. I'm European and as far as I'm concerned something like Apple TV, Roku or Netflix does not exist. To tell the truth I don't even know what these things do and what they are all about, I've never even heard the word "Roku" before, so I don't know if it is a product or a service. We don't get all these media services, so for us a gaming console is exactly that - a gaming console. Hence to me this is exactly like one of those stupid and confusing Nintendo or SEGA devices. Maybe you Americans see it differently, but I guess you're in a different situation.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Scisca said:
MB1025 said:

Yes I can. I'm European and as far as I'm concerned something like Apple TV, Roku or Netflix does not exist. To tell the truth I don't even know what these things do and what they are all about, I've never even heard the word "Roku" before, so I don't know if it is a product or a service. We don't get all these media services, so for us a gaming console is exactly that - a gaming console. Hence to me this is exactly like one of those stupid and confusing Nintendo or SEGA devices. Maybe you Americans see it differently, but I guess you're in a different situation.

Jeeze. Well take it from "the american". It isn't the same.