By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - UPDATE! vgleaks: Microsoft Xbox Roadmap (2013) - possible bc, online not required, used games allowed

SvennoJ said:
yo_john117 said:
SvennoJ said:
Confusing, can't wait for may to get some clarity in all this.

Which one will have Kinect 2.0 bundled with it, or will it still be sold separately?
Does Durango do everything the xbox mini provides (apart from playing 360 games), or is it needed too for streaming movies and tv?
Since both will have a hdd, can they be used together or do they stay separated?
Can I plug my hd-dvd drive in one of them?

So many new questions...

Honestly I feel as if those are pretty simple questions.

1. Obviously Kinect 2.0 will be on the durango since the 360 wouldn't be able to handle it. And yes it's extremely likely every durango console will come with a Kinect.

2. The Durango obviously will do everything that the Xbox Mini does except play 360 games (another feature I see happening with putting a Xbox mini and a durango together is I think that would essentially double your storage by double for a reasonable price)

3. Probably together...ish as I said above. 

4. This one I'm not sure about. Probably yes to the Xbox mini...but why would you want to when the Durango will most likely have Blu-ray?

1. I figured MS wants to set the xbox apart by it's useability with Kinect to control tv apps. So it would make sense if the xbox mini came with Kinect. Maybe there will be 2 sku's.

Yeah I think the mini will come with 2 sku's.

2. Seems logical, but that means it's quite a lot just to be able to play a few 360 retail discs. I move my consoles around a lot, it's easier to have 1 device that does all. Hopefully this doesn't mean that the normal full 360 doesn't get discontinued. I'll stick to full 360 for bc if that's the only value it adds to Durango.

I don't think the normal 360 will get discontinued. Why stop something that will still sell decently for a while longer? And that is quite a lot just to play a few 360 games on the Durango. However, those people are in the minority; most won't care and I'm sure they will be able to find it cheaper than $99 in the not so distand future.

3. Combining storage space would be a good reason to get an xbox mini, depends ofcourse on the hdd size if it's worthwhile.

If the mini has 500 GB HDD, I might get it to complement the Durango's storage (if that's a possibility).

4. Well I still have a bunch of HD-DVDs. It would be nice if I can view them on Durango, as before just easier to move the drive between rooms instead of the whole system.

I hear that

Another good reason for the xbox mini is a cheap media extender. If you can put it in the bedroom and access all the same movie/tv content (stored) on the Durango it sounds like a win to me. That should be possible if both have 5ghz wireless N.

That would be a very awesome feature. Here's hoping.

I'm on the fence. A split console can offer some really cool benefits, on the other hand 2 consoles stacked on top of eachother is ugly. Hate that external HD-DVD add-on. And please don't both come with an external power brick as well.

Around the Network

So this a PSX combined with a Sega CD. I don't see this working. Mabye after E3 it will make more sense to me.

Go Team Venture! I still don't get the Wii, PS Move,  and Kinect.

Ahh... The forums are back!

Where is Ethomaz?

MB1025 said:
Scisca said:
MB1025 said:
The difference with Nintend/Sega and Microsoft is the Xbox Mini just isn't an attachment to play your physical copy 360 games on the 720. It is there to function as an Apple TV/Roku that also can play 360/XBLA games. If you as the consumer wants to have everything on the 720 than you can buy the 720 and Mini. If not just keep your older 360 around.

You just can't compare the 2 situations.

Yes I can. I'm European and as far as I'm concerned something like Apple TV, Roku or Netflix does not exist. To tell the truth I don't even know what these things do and what they are all about, I've never even heard the word "Roku" before, so I don't know if it is a product or a service. We don't get all these media services, so for us a gaming console is exactly that - a gaming console. Hence to me this is exactly like one of those stupid and confusing Nintendo or SEGA devices. Maybe you Americans see it differently, but I guess you're in a different situation.

Jeeze. Well take it from "the american". It isn't the same.

Jeeze. Learn to read (or think?). It is the same for everyone except for NA. It may be different for you, but not for us, so you can't just say "it isn't the same".

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Around the Network

this is an interesting rumour, but what im more curious about is how this will affect microsoft golden wall, if microsoft thinks its going to compete with apple, roku, ouyo, and host of other streaming devices and still require a gold membership then i dont think they will be very successful. it must have something strong enough so it can stand on its own without the selling point of it allowing bc, or it needs to remove its cost of entry, this rumour makes me think we will see a more advance tier system from microsoft, one tier free for streaming services, another for paid tier for gaming services, and a premium tier that includes xbox music, an agressive pricing strategy and microsoft could be sitting on a winner, again if the rumour proves to be true.

"We're in the business of making money" said by every company ever known

bigCchris said:

this is an interesting rumour, but what im more curious about is how this will affect microsoft golden wall, if microsoft thinks its going to compete with apple, roku, ouyo, and host of other streaming devices and still require a gold membership then i dont think they will be very successful. it must have something strong enough so it can stand on its own without the selling point of it allowing bc, or it needs to remove its cost of entry, this rumour makes me think we will see a more advance tier system from microsoft, one tier free for streaming services, another for paid tier for gaming services, and a premium tier that includes xbox music, an agressive pricing strategy and microsoft could be sitting on a winner, again if the rumour proves to be true.

Yeah, people have been saying this for a while now in general and I agree.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

starcraft said:

I still lol everytime I see you sig

It's only been my sig for a few years now. ;-p Hard to believe Vs. still hasn't been released. ;-p

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

smbu2000 said:
starcraft said:

I still lol everytime I see you sig

It's only been my sig for a few years now. ;-p Hard to believe Vs. still hasn't been released. ;-p

Sadly, the way SE has been this generation, it isnt that hard to believe.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

This better not be true but I have a feeling it won't be, just on top of my head.