By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Fiscal Earnings - 70 Million Profit Year-End, Q4 - Loss (70 Million)

so could someone tell me how much they shipped this quarter for each console?

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
Otakumegane said:
ryuzaki57 said:
So they failed too meet revised forecasts from revised forecasts for both consoles? Nintendo can thank the central Bank of Japan.

Also, expecting 3DS to rise 30% when it's essentially flat compared to its first year on the market is bold imho.

Pssst...Pokemon. (+a bunch of other stuff but)....seriously. 

Expecting it not to rise would be idiotic.

Actually I looked it up and Pokemon on the DS in NPD sales at least didn't cause a sales spike at all, DS sales actually went down the month Pokemon came out on the DS, believe it or not. 

Pokemon fans aren't some specific group ... they tend to be Nintendo fans, which would make sense, as the only place to play Pokemon games for the last 15 years has been on Nintendo consoles.

As such I would venture a guess and say "Pokemon fans" are "Nintendo fans", and they aren't just going to sit and wait for years for a Pokemon game to come out.

I think Monster Hunter 4 in Japan will actually probably cause the biggest hardware spike. I think there's still a bunch of the MonHun crowd sticking to their old PSPs that will finally bite the bullet once MH4 arrives.

Which Pokemon on DS would that be?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Wii will top 100M any time soon then,

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Nintendogamer said:

Yup.

Quite an impressive number for the succesor to a console that sold 22m lifetime.

Sick! NTDOY opens up 4% up! Higher than it was at the last peak!!
Nsanity can feel free to keep my name out of his mouth.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Nintendogamer said:

Yup.

Quite an impressive number for the succesor to a console that sold 22m lifetime.

Indeed.Now that was a comeback!

On the other hand, it makes it even more painful to see its successor performing worse than the Cube and the very expensive $599 PS3.

Tarumon said:
Nintendo may have some difficulties reaching their top line projections for fiscal 2014 unless Wii U really does have a decent software release from here on out. Buttomline projection though seems very easy based on their 90 yen estimate. With Cash and Short Term Securities (nearly $10 billion USD worth), and a probable continuation of Yen weakness, a 12% weakening from 90 base projection would give you almost all of the $1 billion in net income projected. As of today we are past the 99 level with G20 having essentially given green light to BOJ's money printing.

Nintendo seems to have "survived" their missteps and has a fighter's chance to crawl back into financial relevancy.

Overall, it seems Nintendo did sacrifice Q4 to have a clean slate from here on forth. Inventory levels are pretty high to be honest. Nintendo must of not not slown down production lines and maintained the 5.5 million (Wii U) which is why, in my opinion, the loss is greater for Q4.

JGarret said:
curl-6 said:
Nintendogamer said:

Yup.

On the other hand, it makes it even more painful to see its successor performing worse than the Cube and the very expensive $599 PS3.

That tends to happen when you launch a console without system-selling software and let it fall into a draught immediately following launch.

curl-6 said:
JGarret said:
curl-6 said:
Nintendogamer said:

Yup.

That tends to happen when you launch a console without system-selling software and let it fall into a draught immediately following launch.

NSMB U isn't a system seller? Neither is Assassin's Creed III?

mM
JGarret said:
curl-6 said:
Nintendogamer said:

Yup.

The Gamecube would of sold more if Nintendo hadn't over project that one winter causing them to stop production of the Gamecube for a month, it killed any support they had built up for the console. I expect the Wii U to "take off", more like ramp up, after the second gen games start coming out for it in August.