By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which of your consoles has stopped working?

My original Xbox crapped out when I lashed up a softmod. It took about 3 hours to get it going again. Apart from that 1 mastersystem, 3 Saturns, 1 Xbox and 1 360 and no breakages.

Around the Network

Launch PS2, stopped playing the blue disks after 3 years, replaced with:

refurbished launch PS2 stopped working properly would barely read any disks after 2 years, replaced with:

slimline PS2, still working

launch PS3, overheating problem, completely broken 9 months after launch, replaced with:

refurbished launch PS3, damaged disk drive, disks would not eject smoothly, and could get stuck in there, replaced after 1 week with:

another refurbished PS3, still working

Hmm, none... not like totally broken, but my first Gameboy is missing some lines on the screen, but that's after being thrown into a wall by my cousin, dropped on a marble floor, been in a car with 122 degrees farenheight.
I believe it is a tough little - well we all thought it was small when it came - gadget.

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad

A PS1 and a SNES.

My damn Dreamcast broke after 2 years... but i only paid 20$ for it anyway (and with 2 controllers and a lot of games too, lol)

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

Around the Network

I've never had any break. My Gameboy Color's sound stopped working though. I should note, however, the only non-Nintendo system I've had is a PS1.

I've never had any of my consoles break, and I've owned the following:

Consoles
1 NES (still have it)
1 SNES (still have it)
2 N64's (still have one)
2 Playstations (hidden somewhere)
1 Xbox (disappeared)
3 Playstation 2's (sold all for PS3 60gb)

Handhelds
1 Original Gameboy
1 Gameboy Color
1 Gameboy Advance
1 PSP

I had a cousin who worked for Sony for awhile, gave me all my Sony stuff, over 100 PS2 games, 50 PS1 games, 3 PSPs for the family, all kinds of controllers, and lots of memory cards.

My first SNES died many years ago. My older brother got drunk and took a pee all over it! The store couldn't explain why it wouldn't work and gave me a new one.

Remember kids. Don't get too drunk :)

I have and they are still working fine:
NES
SNES (launch model)
GameCube (launch model)
PS 1 (launch model)
PS 2 (launch model)
PS 3 (launch model)

The only console that stop working:
Xbox 360 (launch model - after a year)

TWRoO said:
stof said:
I broke a gameboy when I head butted the screen out of frustration... Does that count?

*Backs away from Stof*

Nothing of mine has ever broken, except 1 cheap 3rd part N64 controller. (lasted a week, but it was only £5)

You think that's bad. I pretended to almost fall down the stairs after so I could drop my gameboy and not have my parents get mad at me, so they bought me a second one since it was just an accident.

My second one lasted a year before I headbutted it too...

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.