By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which of your consoles has stopped working?

I was just wondering how many of you out there have had a console completely stop working. It could be from this gen or any previous gen.

The only console that I've ever had break was my Gamecube. It lasted for like 5 years, but it doesn't work anymore. Good thing I have a Wii.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

Around the Network

does a gameboy advance count? and it work still but screen is broken in multiple shards

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

none of mine ever broke or were faulty in any way, except my original ps2 which had two shelfs full of dvd's 7 video games fall on it. it protected my tv tho

The only problem that I ever had was my ps2 stopped reading disks took it apart and fixed it about a dozen times before i got my ps3 to replace it.

My (2) NES systems don't really work. Well maybe a little, but it takes like 30min to get a game to work and it will most likely freeze on me. :(

My Genesis is a little messed up, at least the power cable is. I have to bend the cable a certain way to keep the power flowing. Never bothered to buy a new power cable for it. ;-p

My Saturn stopped reading CDs a while back. I don't know why. The games/CDs just don't spin up when I have them in the system...

My PS1 has a lot of trouble reading games. Many times it will skip, especially on FMVs or just stop reading the CD at all. I ended up just tossing it somewhere in my room at my parent's house and playing my PS1 games on my PS2.

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

ps2, xbox, and xbox 360. i have never had one bit of trouble with a nintendo console.

@smbu2000: What happened to your Saturn is what happened to my Gamecube. If you put something really heavy on top of the cube, the discs will spin, but that's the only way to make them work.

@stockstar1138: Everyone says that Nintendo makes the sturdiest consoles, and I have to agree. I have a NES, SNES, and N64 that all work fine still. For some reason, my Gamecube broke, but I still trust Nintendo's hardware over everything else.

Add me on Xbox Live: TopCat8

I broke a gameboy when I head butted the screen out of frustration... Does that count?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

so far none of my consoles have stopped working.

-Sega Mega drive
-Dreamcast
-PS2
-Gamecube
-Gameboy colour
-Gameboy advance
-DS
-DS lite

well once my ps2 broke down but then i bought a new one

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"